Did a little smoking this weekend... pic inside

by bluesbreaker59 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/bluesbreaker59/0831071711.jpg[/IMG]

Here is some fine Iowa farm fed pork for you after about 12 - 14 hours in my smoker. Had the non JW family over and a few friends, ending up having about 15 lbs of pulled pork. It was the best tasting BBQ I've ever had, and usually I'm not one to brag about my own, but this was especially delicious. Next weekend its back to ribs, and maybe another brisket. The briskets are still an adventure for me, but I've got ribs and Boston Butts down to an art form.

• eclipse
  • Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Yum!! Exactly my kind of smoking.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I wondered what this thread was going to be about when I opened it, but they look really tasty.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I also made my famous 16 hour BBQ beans and a homemade peach cobbler!!! My grandma brought over some authentic German potato salad, and other brought many more dishes.

BTW, my beans, quite frankly could kill someone, they're not good for you at all. They contain, a full pound of fatty bacon (fried), a smoked ham shank, molasses, Jack Daniels whiskey, brown sugar, liquid smoke, and some seasonings. They are thick and rich almost like a meal in themselves.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Yum Bluesbreaker, and you even make peach cobbler. Very nice ;-)

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Yeah, I can bake too... Usually I do sweet potato pie, with BBQ. If we ever had a midwest apostafest or an Iowa one I know I'd certainly do some smoking and cooking for it. I love cooking for others.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Yeah, I can bake too... Usually I do sweet potato pie, with BBQ. I love cooking for others.

YUM! I'll be right over - hope your girlfrind doesn't mind...lol

• hubert
    hubert

Can't see it too good. Kinda smoky.

Hubert

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

what kind of smoker do you use?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit