My husband and I delivered our DA letter last night. . .

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

that is, Letter of Disassociation and Denunciation, I like that word. . .in person in the door of one of our ex-elders and via email to him and a few others. There was an added level of peace in doing that, which neither of us expected. It made us feel good, complete, extra free and alive.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Congratulations for standing up for what you believe!

You've now drawn a line in the sand and your new life of freedom begins - I hope it's a very happy successful one.

Well done, you are very brave and I reckon there's a lot out there that wish they had your courage.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Congratulations!!

sweet pea is right, i'm hoping to build up your kind of courage.

I wish you and your husband the best in your freedom!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

good for you

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Congratulations! You have now officially left the cult. I wish you a long and
    happy future.

There was an added level of peace in doing that, which neither of us expected. It made us feel good, complete, extra free and alive.

I know what you mean. I experienced similar emotions when I sent
    my da letter in just over 2 years ago.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Well done!! I wish I could make that complete break. You give me hope and courage.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Congratulations to you both, i know how you feel, it actually took me a month between writng my d'a letter and posting it as it seemed such a big thing, but the moment it was done it was like a mountain of guilt and frustrations had been lifted off my shoulders! Don't forget though that we are here for you if you get 'tough' days. xx

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• moshe
    moshe

Sounds like you are on the right track- I am glad you both made it out together.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

L'Chaim!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit