anyone ever have a 'dry socket' from a pulled tooth

by orbison11 17 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

aargh,,after about 3 weeks of torture pain with bad tooth, got it pulled

only to get a dry socket,,it is now almost 2 weeks later and still a bit touchy

orb

• KW13
    KW13

mmm nope not happened to me, i had 4 teeth out to help make room in my crowded mouth but all those were healthy and hurt like hell lol.

• Satanus
    Satanus

You were lucky Seriously though, Ok, it' gets graphic, so a warning, here. Don't go further. I had a root that had been canalled pulled out by little pieces. I had been taking a bit of asperin to thin my blood. During the bloody extraction, the dentist pushed the last little piece up into my sinus. I had to have surgery to get it out. A hole was drilled ... I'll spare you further details on that part. Anyway, for the next yr, or so, i was able to squirt water out my nose. It was entertaining for some of my nieghbors. Not so for me, as i twice had serious sinus infection, not the regular kind. I had a hollow needle that i used to clear the infection. I did that by sticking the needle up through the hole left by the extraction and squirting water into the sinus, thus flushing it out. Too much detail? Sorry.

S

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Had a molar pulled a few years ago and it took months for the gum to fill in. It took about a year to chew on that side. Plus I now get the ocassional phantom tooth ache. The tooth cracked at the filling, and I really should have just got it fixed.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I've had one... after an impacted wisdom tooth was pulled. One of the worst pains I've ever gone through. Even the good prescription drugs didn't seem to cover the pain. It's part of the reason I haven't gone back to get the other two impacted teeth extracted on the other side.

• orbison11
    orbison11

yes, 20 years ago i had an impacted (?) wisdom tooth pulled and had the same

two years ago i had 9 bottom teeth pulled,.,,in the chair awake,,argh, i am part pirate i tell you

but the dentist put stitches in

this one tooth hurt more after than the 9

poor babi i am:)

wendy

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

reminds me of when i had wisdom teeth cut out and a year later there was something in my mouth..........

i was not eating or anything.

It was one of the stiches the doc could not find to take out the year before, I kid you not.

purps

• orbison11
    orbison11

yes, purps that happens

two weeks and more after i had the 9 pulled, i still had bits of teeth coming out of my gums,,,some had crumbled upon removal

wendy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I was told by the dentist that it was from trapped air caused by the gum closing from a blood clot on the outside before the inside healed up...the air pocket hurt worse than the toothache!

He just made a small incision and I had instant relief!

Snoozy..who remembers well that deep pounding pain!

• KW13
    KW13

You were lucky Seriously though, Ok, it' gets graphic, so a warning, here. Don't go further. I had a root that had been canalled pulled out by little pieces. I had been taking a bit of asperin to thin my blood. During the bloody extraction, the dentist pushed the last little piece up into my sinus. I had to have surgery to get it out. A hole was drilled ... I'll spare you further details on that part. Anyway, for the next yr, or so, i was able to squirt water out my nose. It was entertaining for some of my nieghbors. Not so for me, as i twice had serious sinus infection, not the regular kind. I had a hollow needle that i used to clear the infection. I did that by sticking the needle up through the hole left by the extraction and squirting water into the sinus, thus flushing it out. Too much detail? Sorry.

S

Why did i read that? really sick story but more importantly i bet you need a hug now, there there...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit