Here's hoping that your fade is going better than this poor guy's...

by nvrgnbk 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Humiliation is a permanant mental scar and it does exactly what it says on the bottle, it scars the child's mind permanantly ie NO recovery!!

He has learnt to never trust someone who has power over him again!

There is no going back on this one.

10 years time - Possible news headline - young man slays family!

If they do this to him in public and boast about it then what will they do in private?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OTWO, do you happen to have a copy of the Oct. 15 Watchtower?

As a fader whose wife has the holiday weekend off, I cannot find her magazine and scan
    it for some apostate chat forum. If you don't have it by tuesday afternoon, let me know
    again, I will see what I can do.

• educ8self
    educ8self

If the child remains a child and every single thing heads in that trajectory, then yes that is likely. I'm not saying it wouldn't be challenging to get over, but if you're so insistent on the permanence of the effect then there's no possibility for change allowed in that mindset is there? I just don't see how that view is helpful, outside of prevention - but that's not going to happen 100% in the real world. So lets say it's after the fact, what do we just throw our hands up and say okay, nothing we can do?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

He should stay away from the lawn mower.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My apologies.

The pic was on the net.

I'm sure he'll be fine.

Really sorry for offending.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

He could bring back the tonsure look.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i think that's funny as hell.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Who is to say the kid didn't do it to himself? My daughter was six years old when she decided to trim her own bangs...to the scalp. I had no choice but to trim the rest. She had interesting school pictures that year.

Then there's the time she decided to wash her hair with Vaseline. I discovered, through painful trial and error over the next three days, that NOTHING washes vaseline out of hair.

By the way, she is a psychologically balanced, healthy individual today. Don't shortchange a child's ability to recover.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

• orbison11
    orbison11

but isnt that what childhood is about,,,humilation,joy,embarassment, etc it teaches us how to deal with things,,,and how to not let things happen again or how to make them happen again that is how we become well adjusted just my 2cents orb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit