"Hypocrite Organization"

by biblexaminer 18 Replies latest jw friends

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Here's a good one.

Hypocrite Organization "Disassociates" from the UN

They will come to your door soon, and they will bear in hand a magazine that warns you about "'religious hypocrisy". They are sure about their message, but do they have the whole story? In what is turning out to be a major scandal, many Jehovah's Witnesses are being shocked to find out that their parent organization "The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" had for ten years been associated with the United Nations organization. Why is that so bad? It's akin to the Catholic Church agreeing secretly to support 'planned parenthood'. Or a civil liberties group covertly joining the KKK.

In 1991 the Watchtower applied for, and received in 1992, status as an NGO in association with the DPI at the United Nations headquarters. The UN has a vast resource of information, which the Watchtower wanted to get their hands on, and they wanted it pretty bad too. According to UN documents, they had to agree to "support the charter of the United Nations"… "help build public understanding and support for United Nations programmes and goals" and "inform their constituency of issues related to the UN objectives" as well as "encourage political activism in their community." And this on an on-going basis, as they had to renew this affiliation yearly.

Not only did the Watchtower not inform any of it's almost 6m constituents of UN issues, as they agreed to do, they did not even inform the membership of their affiliation with the UN in the first place. They kept it secret, and the reason for that is simple, they were practicing hypocrisy on a grand scale. The Watchtower forbids members from any political activism or any affiliation of this type. Also, the Watchtower's dogma, acceptance of which is mandatory for all Jehovah's Witnesses on pain of shunning by family and friends, teaches that the UN is "the image of the Beast" found in the Apocalypse. For outsiders to fully understand their view of the UN, it would be akin to how the rest of Christendom views the Antichrist.

The Watchtower has derided the UN since it's inception as a "counterfeit peace organization" and a tool of Satan, which God will destroy at the ever-imminent Armageddon. Examining Watchtower literature from the past fifty years reveals only hate for that organization, and here the Watchtower is 'in the belly of the beast'. How deep did the conspiracy go? The Watchtower had to provide samples of its literature every year for UN DPI inspection, for the renewal. So the Watchtower printed some 'eye candy' for this event. They wrote articles, which were made to appear benevolent to UN objectives. These were also preached from door to door, but the constituency had no idea how they were being used.

But Jehovah's Witnesses need not fret over this issue, since the Watchtower, after being exposed by the "Guardian" in the United Kingdom, immediately and quietly sent a letter of disassociation to the UN in an effort to cover their "sin". They hoped that they could successfully keep the truth from the membership. Were they successful?

After the news hit the public, the phone in the NGO department at the UN began ringing off the hook. Jehovah's Witnesses from all over the world were demanding proof, and proof they got! The head of that department at UN headquarters, Mr. Paul Hoffel, provided a letter, upon request from a member, detailing the Watchtower's link, which he asked to be posted on the internet in an effort to quell the surge of phone calls and emails. The letter both confirmed the Watchtower's involvement and it's subsequent disassociation.

The Watchtower then went further, demanding that its name be immediately removed from the UN's web site, in a futile attempt to hide their adulterous relationship. It was removed on or about noon of October 17, 2001.

Also in the news, the Watchtower's policy on dealing with pedophiles will be exposed on a fall edition of Dateline NBC. Members accuse the Watchtower of issuing policies, which hide cases of child abuse, in an attempt to present an image of a "pure" and "clean" organization headed by no other than Jesus.

It's not in any paper yet... but we will see this week.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

BX,

Couple of points:

"Not only did the Watchtower not inform any of it's almost 6m constituents of UN issues, as they agreed to do, "

This is a bit unclear. Inform about what? Agree to who? Technically they did via the various Awake! pieces.

"The Watchtower then went further, demanding that its name be immediately removed from the UN's web site, in a futile attempt to hide their adulterous relationship. It was removed on or about noon of October 17, 2001. "

Do we know for sure that's why they did it? Also, will the public be able to make sense of "adulterous relationship. "

It's good, bx, very good, but I'd suggest making it slighly easier to follow for the nonJW.

T.

ps: not sure if you wrote it or if someone else did...just my immediate reaction on reading.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Where do I sign up to get a copy of this article..?? !!!!!!

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Yes, I wrote it, and it took me 20 hrs of careful thought. I do appreciate the critique. This kind of reflection only hones the thoughts.

This article is not yet in print, and by the time the reporter get's finished with it, it may be altered. I will work closely with him so that it maintains accuracy, and more importantly POTENCY.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

BX,

It is excellent; I write a lot for a living and when I send something out to colleagues for a critique they usually tell me that I got to involved and forgot the bigger audience. So, I tend to look for the same in other's writing. So please be assured that I think your piece is great and just wanted to suggest a couple of minor clarifications. I particularly like how succinct it is.

T.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

ps; BX I sent an idea to Hawk via Mommy. It may not be that great but certainly I'd like your thoughts on it, privately, if you're interested.

• Dino
    Dino

Thank you BX. Dino

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Trilo... howdy.

Hawk and I have been working together on this for a while too.

We conflab by telephone often, and we are working hard. All of your help is appreciated as I see you are working hard at this too.

Do you yet have a jpeg of the original UN document? We have it now. I can send a jpeg if you need it.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that the Watchtower withdrew from the UN as a preemptive strike against being investigated for a fraudulant application and possibly being sanctioned.

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

BX,

Actually I don't. Correspond with me privately if you wish. I really have a lot of respect and admiration for Mommy's contributions and she, dear lady, has the particulars of how to contact, as do Max and Farkel. You guys have done great things. I'm advocating a targeted strike that causes a big splash, I think that, exploited judiciously, events of next week or the one after might make that possible.

In my exp. to get on big name shows one needs contacts; we need to have a tete a tete on that. I don't have any for this but perhaps we could forge some.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit