MacMillan Letter

by startingover 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• startingover
    startingover

Cheetos,

Exactly my view of the Judge. I have to wonder how my grandparents got suckered into following him. Was it because the flow of information wasn't as great back then? Maybe they didn't hear about what he was doing. Or maybe because of their relationship with Mac they heard a biased story which no doubt he would have told if he was in the inner circle.

• proplog2
    proplog2

"Ahhhh.....Yes!" as McMillan often interjected.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

MacMillan was dishonest, though. He tried to paint this picture of Rutherford being just another humble servant who, in no way, wanted the office of President. But Rutherford's thirst for power was so obvious. It practically oozed from him how badly he wanted to be the leader. The man who was a courtroom fill-in prosecutor in Nowhere, Missouri gives himself the title "Judge". Yeah that's humble.

• VM44
    VM44

Interesting that the Society was almost broke in 1915, but then could afford to buy Brooklyn buildings and printing presses a few years later in the 1920's, not to mention the house Beth Sarim being CUSTOM built for Rutherford in 1928/1929.

"Religion is a Snare and a RACKET!" -- Judge Rutherford.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Just wondering if you have any other interesting things in your collection.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So I am wondering....Did MacMillan stay loyal to the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society when it was helmed by Rutherford because he had a hand in saving it? That perhaps his loyalty at first was more to the Society than to Rutherford?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit