MacMillan Letter

by startingover 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• startingover
    startingover

I recently found this among my grandfather's papers. Thought some of you might find it interesting. Hope I get the picture posting right. The link is in the next post.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Making that clickable:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/ikester_photo/mcmillan1915.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I've heard that Macmillan was married. I didn't know he had a son. Does anyone know if they remained in the movement? They're not mentioned in his book.

• startingover
    startingover

I found it interesting that he said the society was about broke in 1915.

• Mum
    Mum

Wow! That letter is a keeper! It is an important historical document which should be placed in the future Watchtower Museum.

Regards,

SandraC

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Startingover:

Thank you very much for posting that letter for us! Appreciate it!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Mcmillan was supposed to be in heaven at that time...thats why he was broke...strange how he never mentioned his wife and kid in all the publictions, too busy taliking about himself i guess.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

haha Crooksville! That part was priceless!

MacMillan was a good friend of my grandparents and would stay with them all the time. That's all he did basically: travelled all over the country and stay in the homes of Witnesses that thought it to be a great honor to have him as a guest. He really milked that. Plus his "Faith on the March" book, although while probably the work of a sincere man, was just one deception after another.

• startingover
    startingover

deaconbluez,

Very interesting.

Apparently he milked my grandparents too. After reading all the history available about what happened when Russell died in 1916, I really wondered why my grandparents, who got involved in 1910, went with Rutherford and not the Bible Students. From what I understand they were in the minority by doing that. When I was going though some of their old photos and letters I discovered their relationship with MacMillan. From what I've read, he sure appeared to be Rutherford's sidekick. I hadn't put the facts together before, but now I am sure that relationship had everything to do with by grandparent's choice. Power and influence can greatly influence a person's thinking.

I also have a letter my grandfather wrote in 1942 shortly before he died where he was getting disillusioned with all the changes taking place in the organization.

Interesting stuff

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Thanks! That is pretty neat!

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

He old Joe Rutherford was nothing more than a drunk and Shyster, he would have worked well with P T Barnum, cause it was Barnum that said there is a sucker born every six seconds and I am going to get me one of them. In Rutherford's case he got millions of them.

http://www.biblestudents.net/food4jws/wt_history/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit