5 Tennessee Elders die in plane crash

by Nathan Natas 64 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

I know a JW that has a pilots license. He moved from Oklahoma I heard, but who knows where His name is

Errol $mythe. A jerk of an elder. I just remembered, he was a former Bethelite. I have to find the Bethelite thread, and find out who remembers the little pric k.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"This thread is Frigg`n Amazing!!..5 Elders die and you people feel sorry for the familys..If a plane full of Apostates died in a plane crash.There`s not a JW on the planet that would give a shit..In fact,many would enjoy it.....You are all very decent people!...OUTLAW" Well, we don't sink to their level. There was a nasty comment from an elder's sister today, about how all apostates want to do is bring everyone else to death with them. That really hurt. I'm not interested in rejoicing over 5 people who would rejoice over my death (were I confirmed as an apostate). They did what they thought was right--and gave even more time than the average dub because of being on the RBC--and there are five families without daddy.... RBCs need brothers, too. It's gonna be a big loss for them. I really thought that changing my beliefs would make me despise the dubs. I'm pleasantly disappointed. There's more pity now than anything...

• Honesty
  • Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

A loss of life is always sad.

• nelly136
    nelly136
    I am sure the Society, has a great compensation program to the widows.

Probably not, hopefully when they have had some time to grieve their loved ones maybe someone will point them in this guys direction, the men who died were on a borg mission and will no doubt just be classed as expendable unpaid volunteers giving up their lives to serve the borg.

Joel T. Faxon http://www.strattonfaxon.com/superlawyer-joel.htm

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw168.html he's already had a good result involving the volunteer status thing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

that is a lot of expertise all wiped out at once. Not easy to replace

• mouthy
    mouthy

Maybe hes resting or out on vacation in the cosmos. No didnt you know that Satan runs the things down here love?? My hope is they prayed to God ( Jesus ) & went throught the "DOOR"just before they hit the ground. I really hope there are no athiest in the foxholes.

• Scully
    Scully

Thanks for the link to the update, Honesty.

5 Jehovah's Witness ministers killed in plane crash

September 2, 2007

ELIZABETHTON (WATE) -- The FAA says five Jehovah's Witness ministers from East Tennessee were killed when their small plane crashed in the Cherokee National Forest on Holston Mountain shortly after takeoff.

Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes said all five bodies are accounted for in the wreckage, including the pilot, Victor James Osborne of Morristown.

The names of the other four ministers are being withheld until their families can be notified. The five elders are from Chattanooga, Pigeon Forge, Morristown, Elizabethton and Unicoi counties.

6 News has confirmed that one of the ministers is an elder at Kingdom Hall in Sevierville.

According to the Carter County Sheriff's Department, the single-engine Beech Bonanza crashed around 10:30 a.m. Saturday after leaving the Elizabethton Municipal Airport.

6 News has learned from elders of other area congregations that all five elders aboard the plane were volunteer ministers headed to Abingdon, Virginia to conduct outreach and discuss building a new Kingdom Hall in that area.

A passing airplane spotted the smoldering wreckage around 7:00 p.m. Saturday about a mile and a half down the southern side of Holston Mountain in a rugged and remote area.

A ground search initiated Saturday night was stalled by darkness. But Mathes said authorities found the wreckage early Sunday and cut a path to the site of the crash.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Too bad they weren't having fun, when it happened. Instead, they were on duty. 'Course, there would have been big frowns on them for dying during a fun time. In their own minds, though, they probably thought that what they were doing was the most worthwhile thing. Sad, yes.

S

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Victims have been named: http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/news.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2007-09-03-0009.html

Church representatives told News Channel 11's Darius Radzius killed in the crash were:
    • Craig Clark of Elizabethton
    • Gerald (Jerry) Booth of Unicoi County
    • Randall Walp of Chattanooga
    • Victor (Jim) Osborne of Morristown
    • Leon Rosko of Pigeon Forge

The church says Osborne was the pilot and owner of the aircraft that crashed.

A sister's response to this event was "At least they died with their boots on." (probably quite literally).

My heart goes out to these poor families... they have a tough road ahead, financially and emotionally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit