I'm on a bit of a mission

by PaulJ 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Those who don't know my story- was brought up a JW, married young (dumb idea), divorced, kinda fell for the 1st person that came along, THAT didnt work, now kinda sat pondering where the hell the past decade has gone! I'm on the hunt for some of my old friends, both people that have had the sense the leave the JW's as well as my old mates from school and college that were good friends- and must of put up with some weird behavior from me (no xmas and birthday cards, no attending of birthday parties etc etc). I've managed to get into contact with one or 2 which is great, especially one who asked if I was still aa JW , which I was so pleased to be aable to say I wasn't!! Just wondered if anyone else has gone thru the same process and if you've had much success?

• educ8self
    educ8self

Well hell I didn't have many friends in the organization actually, contacted the one DF'd bro that was a close friend and that was about it. As for worldly friends, I guess in time we all change and you just go in different directions. Guess it'd be more the future than the past for me.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I like making new friends, but deep down I guess I feel I owe some of my old friends from outside the JW's an explanation. I've seen some phot's recently of about half a dozen of my friends from college who cme to my JW wedding. I cant imagine what they must of thought!! It must have been REALLY weird for them!

• educ8self
    educ8self

I guess I used to feel something like that, more so for the active JWs actually - but I never was one to force anything on anybody. With non-JWs it's just been kind of like "oh yeah, by the way.." when it comes up or becomes relevant. A while back I had a high school friend contact me from one of those social networking sites, but I am so different from back then there is just not much of a connection, anyway I kind of just had the same classes with him and shared video games. Life goes on...

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I guess if you move about like I did, then left the witnesses- while its all well and good making and having 'new' friends, you kinda crave the old ones as well.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I now live thousands of miles away from where I was born and raised. Over the last year or so I've been wondering about some of the friends I had that left the j-dubs years ago. I do enjoy my new friends and my new life, but when the time is right I will be doing as you are by catching up on old times and friends and learing about their new perspective on life.

• educ8self
    educ8self

duplicate

• educ8self
    educ8self

duplicate

• educ8self
    educ8self

duplicate

• educ8self
    educ8self

Well I know I've changed, so much so that not only does it not connect with JWism but it doesn't necessarily connect with college friends and so forth. But that's just me, now. At certain points I have gone back and contacted certain friends, as I think depending on where you are in your relationship with them there is more that is kind of unfinished shall we say, but not like unfinished business as it's about friendship. I imagine it's kind of like in olden days where people say maybe we will cross paths again.

Eek, sorry that seems to be caused by an error. Can an admin delete the other copies? I can't seem to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit