Someone at Bethel put joke in Watchtower CD translation!!

by Witness 007 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If you have Watchtower Computer CD 2001- I stumbled across an article discussing Sterilization/Vacectomies Watch 85 5/1 p.31

Someone at Bethel who typed it for the CD added a sad face in mid-sentence!!! Which is not in the bound volumes. Weird. Here is the qoute look it up on the CD.

"When we last discussed voluntary sterilization in this columnmost physicians considered the procedure irreversible and thus permenant."

{Note; the sad face is black and white but the line appears exactly as you see here}

This is the weirdest mistake I have ever seen in the publications. Considering the care taken to proof read and double check, how did this sneak through.

Theory; Cheeky Bored Bethel boys having some fun, or angry Bethelite who does not like the article. Either way what an insult to the "faithful slave class" to mock thier so called spiritual food!! I want to write to Bethel to see what their response would be.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

interesting...please post a screen shot

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Do I screen shot. I got to see what you mean.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, I checked the 1999 CD-ROM and there is no emoticon there, just an asterisk for a footnote:

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry I"m not good with computers but the line appears EXACTLY as above except the face isnt red, it's a balck and white sad face mid-sentence. If someone knows how they can put it on this thread.

• bebu
    bebu

Very interesting! I would love to see a screenshot too.

bebu

• KW13
    KW13

Its either your machine or that Version of the WT Lib because i got the latest and it doesnt show it.

Click Thumbnail to see it

alt

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My 2001 CD has a sad face instead of a star like this article. Im not crazy I even printed it out..theres the sad face! Does anyone else have i....2001 version! Not the new one.

• minimus
    minimus

Sure 007. Of course it does. Maybe you're drinking too many martinis.

• KW13
    KW13

lol, witness 007, on your keyboard press the button called 'PrintScreen (or PrtScn) while that article is on your screen, open paint and press Paste on the edit menu or do Ctrl + V on your keyboard, save it as a JPEG and upload it to the site called http://imageshack.us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit