"MacDonalds has blood in their hamburgers" -- urban legend from 60s

by cabasilas 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Does anyone remember this one? I was just starting associating in the mid-60s and heard this one from the JWs I was associating with. One JW friend told me: "Don't you know MacDonalds puts blood into their hamburgers? That's why they taste so good!" My parents weren't JWs and loved to take us there and so I learned to eat Fish Fillet sandwiches instead.

This was about 1966 or 1967. I found out later that the rumor was false, of course. Anyone else hear this rumor back then?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

NEVER heard that one.

Fallacy #1 there is blood in all meat. It doesnt matter how much it is drained.

Fallacy #2

That's why they taste so good!."

WTF???? Mcd's hambuggers taste good?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas
    Fallacy #1 there is blood in all meat. It doesnt matter how much it is drained.

True. But, the urban legend was that MacDonalds added more blood back in, which they did not do.

As for the taste...I was only 12 at the time. I'm a bit more discrimating nowadays.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Fallacy #1 there is blood in all meat. It doesnt matter how much it is drained.

True."

True there is not blood in all meat? Or true there is blood in all meat?

It's not clear what you are saying.

Now the truth. There is some blood in all meat.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yes bob, what you said.

• minimus
    minimus

I knew JWs that read chocolate ingredients for lecithin believing it was of the blood derivative not vegetable. For a while I couldn't eat Hershey bars. (as a kid).

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

So does Dairy Queen.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

It is a scientific fact that there is blood in all meat. There is no way to "cook out the blood." This is what makes all Witnesses hypocrites.

• tula
    tula

There is documentation to substantiate that blood was used in French wine. I think it would be interesting to know if anyone kept a log on the wines served at Memorial. The blood in wine is NOT an urban legend. It is for real.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It true havent you heard the jingle; "Two all beef patties, special suace, lettuce, cheese, pickles onions, blood on a seseame seed bun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit