Ever spend someones contribution by accident?

by KW13 15 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I did, £1.

I was so guilty i paid it back in full, i think i was 10

• R.F.
    R.F.

I think I used $1 by accident once.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

by accident? nope, that was my drink money i felt i earned for walking in the hot ass sun for 3 hours.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

By accident? No, never by accident. ;-)

Dave of the "Just Kidding" class

• Hermano
    Hermano

When the new donation arrangement came about, for about a month or so, we were told all we had to do was cover the expense of the magazines. The rest of the donation money was ours to keep. So, if a householder donated $5.00 for a magazine, you just put in the cost of the magazine and you could keep the rest. I'm wondering if this happened in other congregations or if our elders just misunderstood the Society's instructions. It only happened for a month, and then we were told we had to give it all to the Society, and in fact, cover the cost if the householder did not donate. Anyone?

• changeling
    changeling

You got a $10.00 contribution????

Oh, wait, that was pounds. What does that mean in dollars?

Never mind. Read to quickly. Skimmed actually.

Duh changeling.

• dobbie
    dobbie

never got any donations, didn't even like to ask for money before the new contribution arrangment came in. Mind you i was so rubbish at the field service no one ever wanted any mags off me anyway (fine by me cos i hated return visits, i never wanted a bible study)

• Hermano
    Hermano
    never got any donations, didn't even like to ask for money before the new contribution arrangment came in. Mind you i was so rubbish at the field service no one ever wanted any mags off me anyway (fine by me cos i hated return visits, i never wanted a bible study)

Dobbie you had a real bad attitude about field service. No wonder you're an apostate now.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Yep i make a much better apostate then jw lol!All i used to do was show the magazines and ask if they'd like them (knowing they'd say no) and be on my merry way, they did try and get me to use the bible but that would have meant actually having to know what i was talking about!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Back in the day, you paid for the liturature up at the counter and asked for a specific amount of money from householders. That was your break money man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit