What Should I Expect?

by R.F. 17 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think the decision has already been made among the elders.

and I dont think they will hound him.

I think the little bit they did contact RF was their hounding method.

Quit frankly, their lack of compassion during the trials RF was/is going through, would not want to be reflected to the CO by RF in person, IMO. so I think they will try to keep that meeting from happening.

I do not know this new CO.

purps

• Mum
    Mum

R.F., you could use your break-up with your fiancée as a "reason" why you feel you should not remain an MS. Just tell them it helped you realize you are not ready for that level of responsibility and you need to think things through and do some soul searching, or words to that effect. The others are right, that you're likely a goner anyway. But some humility might take some of their stingers retract a little.

Regards,

SandraC

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Can't believe what I just read. You remind me of a substance addicted individual. Why continue a painful direction. BREAK FREE. Get your life back. It's your home. Tell them at the door to take a long walk off a short pier. The bank is closed. You will find out just how happy life is on the outside.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone.

Can't believe what I just read. You remind me of a substance addicted individual. Why continue a painful direction. BREAK FREE. Get your life back. It's your home. Tell them at the door to take a long walk off a short pier. The bank is closed. You will find out just how happy life is on the outside.

Perhaps I should say for the sake of the newer ones here, but the reason i'm fading and even dealing with this particular situation is because of family. I don't want my family ties to be marred in any way because of the organization. Therefore i'm trying to keep from waking the "sleeping bear" so to speak.

I've seen an advantage in them removing me fromt these positions instead of me voluntarily stepping down. Recent developments when it comes between me and the congregation, the elders in particular, have made my family(my parents mainly), to look at the cong in a different way. They've vocally stated their disagreement with the elders when it comes to decisions they've made in regards to me and how exactly they come to these decisions. At first I thought about resigning, but once I saw how it affected my family I saw how I could use this to my advantage. I don't attend meetings or go in field service, so i'm not really dealing with the congo much anyways. It's really no struggle other than the fact of possibly going through another meeting with the elders, which i'll do if it means in my family looking at the Borg in a more negative light.

Again I say, if it wasn't for family and I didn't care what happened, i'd go so far as to DA right away, but I see it as being very well worth the effort to hold on to those ties as well as make them doubt the org even in the slightest way.

R.F.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

I personally stepped down myself from the MS position. Shortly after during the CO's visit I heard a car pull up, looked out the window and the CO and two elders were walking up to my front door. I guess I wasn't home that day. Or asleep. Or something.

Never heard another word about it.

Morph ('Ignore them and maybe they'll go away')

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    and now i'm wondering if I should expect a second meeting, and perhap one with the CO.

Prolly not. COs are much too busy to worry about this nonsense. Unless he is a ball of fire.

I dont understand. Why do you still go to meetings?

• R.F.
    R.F.
    I dont understand. Why do you still go to meetings?

I don't

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Hmmm, it's a nice time of year for a vacation from your house. Lol, I'd find a nice little campground near work with electricity for my alarm clock and "disappear" for the week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit