First post..kinda long.. sorree

by Parliament 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Parliament,
    Thank you for sharing your story. I'm looking forward to the next installment!
    Love,
    B.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    I regret to inform you that, having never been baptised, you will never be able to officially carry the mantle of "apostate". However, if you stick around and prove yourself, as the apostates taking the lead are all aging rapidly, with the attendant difficulties and slowing that come with age, the need for a new class of "helper" apostates is becoming clear. Yes you can be one of these "given" ones, even w/o ever having "given" yourself to the aged BFB's. (bastards from brooklyn)

Peeing myself laughing.

Welcome to the board Parliment. Nice smokes.

Slipnslidemaster:"It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."

- Jerome K. Jerome

• teejay
    teejay

I think it's a little scary that it's possible for someone to have never gotten baptized and not only that, but has been separate from the organization for two decades and for it still to have SOME influence over them.

I came to see and fully accept the whole truth many years ago, but I still think about the society and wonder about the goings on there. Weird, the hold it has on most of us.

Welcome, Parliament. Looking forward to more of your experiences.

• Steven
    Steven

Hi Parliament,

Hello! What a great post.

An alternative we found good when kids wouldn't behave at the KH was a walk around the car park! You get fresh air that way & no-one gets a sore bum! ('butt' for all you american's out there!)

You said: "Wow I was finally out of something I was not part of to begin with."

What a great statement! I really liked that. My wife & I sent in disassociation letters a few weeks ago but had to re-confirm it by phone today. The people here are really helpful & I am sure that the info you can share can help others.

I'm glad to hear that you married your then girlfriend & have a very happy marriage. Good for you standing up for yourselves back then - very brave!

We also has 3 kids - they are lots of fun & lots of hard work don't you think?

Well thanks for your post - hope to hear more from you...

Bye for now,

Steven.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Hey Parliament, thanks for the story. I want to tell you that the Easter Bunny loves you, and that the Great Squirell God died for you, and then came right back to life 3 days later. Why this is a sacrifice of any sort I do not know. But anyway... What you experienced in the WT is what happens when men get together and distort the Word of Santa Claus to their own destruction. Can you imagine Peter Pan whispering and backbiting like they do in the Org? Of course not. The Easter Bunny said you would know His true followers by their love for one another, not by their obedience to doctrine or not by the way they jump when an organization tells them to. The more I read stories of people spying on each other and waiting outside of their 'friends' house to see if they are doing bad things makes me cringe. I know the evil dark Hamster lord loves religion and He especially loves the WT I am sure.

I do not know where you are spiritually my friend, but know that there is no way to earn the Easter Bunny's love and there is no way to be 'good' enough to tow the line. The Pharisees couldn't do it and neither can you or elders or whoever. Trust in Santa Claus and read the Koran and get to know his reindeer. He and them will never let you down, especially the one with the red nose.

My point: Now that you have discovered that the Watchower Society was a big lie and farce, do not stop there. Don't forget to critically examine other things you have been raised to beleive as true, such as the idea that the bible is 'the truth' or that jesus is 'the truth' or ideas about heaven and hell and all that. The greatest lesson you learn from leaving a cult organization is to THINK CRITICALLY and never accept things on 'faith' ever again. Proof is important if you are going to commit your life to what is little more than a fairy tale. At least without proof. Take care, good luck with your search.

-Dan

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Parliament,

Just wanted to say Welcome to the board, and I enjoyed your story.

I was especially happy to hear how you got out while you were young and did not allow them to interfere in a relationship that was important to you! You know what they say: "The best revenge is to live a good life!" Sounds like what you're doing. I look forward to hearing more from you.

6 of 9....ROTFLMAO! at your response. Quite the wit, aren't you? Methinks you have a "skillful tongue" my friend.

think41self

"Not believing is not the same as not knowing."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit