Anyone else setting up the Christmas tree or thinking of it already?

by WTWizard 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minu
    minu
    if you have the itch to put up a tree.. why not a Halloween tree

sassy, I'm with you. I've begun my halloween shopping and I can't wait to put up our halloween tree. We usually can find some large branch that fell out of a tree and that's odd shaped enough to be our halloween tree. I'm so excited! We have a huge halloween party every year, it's so much fun.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have a shop, so I have to start thinking about it really early. Holloween stuff is already out, and is selling well, so there are a LOT of people out there buying that. Xmas merchandise is coming the first week in September and will be out by the end of the month, latest. I personally don't do my own until after Thanksgiving. I found I really enjoyed decorating for Christmas after not doing it for a while, so I have a lot of stuff.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

That picture is so beautiful, I might (with permission) print it off and make a card with it , then give it to my witness friend. (I remember people wishing a merry Christmas to him. His reply- thank you. Emberrasing to see the response from the individual offering the wish).

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

anewme,

Maybe this year Christmas will be enjoying a meal in a Denny's looking out an artificially frosted restaurant window.

Please, not Denny's. At least go to IHOP.

gently feral

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

alot of people here will set up a christmas tree the day after thanksgiving. then, they leave them up after christmas and decorate them for mardi gras. we will be doing this for the first time. i can't wait.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is nothing wrong with a Halloween tree. In fact, one recommendation is to keep the tree up all year round, and redecorate it according to the season. After New Years, you put up red and white lights and Valentines Day items. Then you put up green lights and shamrocks and leprechauns. Then pastel lights and egg decorations and chicks and rabbits. And for summer, red, white, and blue lights and patriotic ornaments like flags and stars make sense.

Use your imagination, and keep the tree up all year if you feel like it. There are absolutely no hard and fast rules on decorating a tree, and one could even decorate one for a birthday if one felt like it! Hell, if they really wanted to, they could figure out how to decorate a tree with Puketower material! But I don't think too many people would want to look at such an ugly sight, and it would ruin the whole tree until taken down.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Oh I absolutely LOVED that Halloween tree. Now I'm gonna have to get one up. I loved the idea of getting old branches. That would make an interesting eerie looking tree. I can't decide if I like Halloween the best or Christmas (I call it winter solstice).

~FF~ (now going out to get eerie branches...)

• BFD
    BFD

Last year I went away for Chrristmas so I didn't put up a tree. I decorated the house inside. I have an artificial tree with fibre optic lights on it. I really need to check to see if it still works because I flooded the basement this summer and it got wet. Thanks for the idea. I think today I will bring the tree out and see if it's working. I sort of hope it doesn't because I'd like to have a real tree again.

BFD xmas

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This will be the first year with a christmas tree. I am a non-practicing agnostic and place no religious significance on christman, but I want to have one because I am 50 years old and never had a christmas tree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit