insanity...good grief!!!

by zanex 11 Replies latest jw friends

• zanex
    zanex

Ok...so I got an email from my mother...one of several I have received from her since my fathers untimely demise, and she seems to be trying to talk to me in a "mother" way....anyhow...so i missed the memorial of his death that was surrounded by over 300 people at just the FIRST of two memorials. Good Grief! Anyhow...this email she sent me is of the program that was used that day...page one and two were just jw infested scrips and some blips that actualy half sounded like my father could have said them...

ANYHOW..the whole freakin reason for this is that I have spent a long many years writing poetry and a bunch of shtuff in general and for years I never knew where i had gotten my love of the pen from and page 3 of the memorial program explained it in the flash of an instant...unfortunately it filled me with a lot of pain as well...that man could WRITE...this is an original work written by my dad....damn him for keeping this from me...

A moment of reflection is like a blossom in the twilight of spring, or like 'an early leaf's flower but only so an hour.' How often in a vanishing day do we pause and reflect events up to a point? Even ask of ourselves how often we stop to smell the flowers? They vibrantly come out fleetingly in late spring. How often to behold the horizon of our snowy peaks? Each and every mount is dressed snowy white all winter but once or twice. How often do we look to rummage around a mental photo album of mother and daughter locked jointly in loving embrace? Though happy moment snapshots are scarce, They're always nearby to stare and reflect precious moments frozen in time. How often do we ogle our sweetheart's bright blue eyes before sunglasses block off their blue sunrays on a sunless day? Rare are the times that we listen with reflection to hear, to see, listen to allow the light of others to dawn. A moment of reflection is like a blossom in the twilight of spring, or like 'an early leaf's flower but only so an hour.' If reflection for a moment is a vanishing appeal today, tomorrow it will be encased in a tiny glass sphere christened, "Extinction is forever." written by zanex's dad.... -Z-

• changeling
    changeling

It's amazing how little we know those we love the most.

changeling

• BFD
    BFD

That is a beautiful poem, zanex. It's amazing the things we find out after the fact.

Good to see you.

BFD

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Beautiful pros zanex! Your Dad definitely had a way with words they paint a picture. Thanks for sharing I enjoyed reading it. Do you have more?

• zanex
    zanex

that is the sad part that just makes me mad...it is the ONLY one i have ever seen and the only one i was ever given...and it wasnt even really TO me...i just got it off of the program of his death...ridiculous...funny though...it just makes me go back into my own poetry that i have posted here on JWD....it just seems so odd....it almost could have been ME writing it...sigh..anyhow...

Wish i wud have known BEFORE he died....or maybe i dont...it would have been just one more thing for them to hold over me as a reason for me to come back...something in common with my father....anyways...

-Z-

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Z,

I'm so glad to see a thread from you, I've been worried about you!

The poem is beautifull, try to embrace the talent you obviously inherited from your dad and don't be angry. Cherrish it as a gift from him that will stay with you forever. If nothing else, at least he gave you something that you will always carry with you!

Keep in touch and don't make me hunt you down

nj

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    that is the sad part that just makes me mad...it is the ONLY one i have ever seen and the only one i was ever given...and it wasnt even really TO me...i just got it off of the program of his death...ridiculous...funny though...it just makes me go back into my own poetry that i have posted here on JWD....it just seems so odd....it almost could have been ME writing it...sigh..anyhow...

It's a good thing to know about your Dad and something you have a chance to change in your family legacy. I hope you have a son some day you can share this with, cool beans!

• PEC
    PEC

Just remember, he was only doing what he thought was right, he was being deceived. Only time will heal those wounds, just take it one day at a time and don't make me start posting hugs again.

Philip

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Beautiful!

If the depression returns just pick up the phone, ok?

Jeff

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

That was a really beautiful poem, thank you for sharing that with us. It's funny the things we find out about people after they die. I've had similar experiences.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit