Elders really can keep personal matters confidential, right?

by oompa 20 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Less than one week after meeting with TWO elders who had been told of my visiting this site, a good friend called me. He said his mother (age 73), in a different city from me, called him and told him she heard I was now an apostate. Now how the hell did that happen? There must be a freaking JW APOSTATE 911 line for this to spread so fast. I am still not clear if visiting a website that MAY have some apostates on it, and MAY even have apostate info on it makes me an apostate. I prefer to be encouraged by non-apostate info on this site! To me anyway, apostates try to get people to follow them, and tell lies about JW's. Telling the truth about the "truth" is really enough, not lying needed.

Anyone else had elders blab about them? I guess it is human nature.

dazed and amazed.....oompa

• willyloman
    willyloman

Elders usually don't tell anyone except their wives. The wives usually only tell their best friends. The best friends usually only tell their....

And so it goes.

• JK666
    JK666

If you believe that elders keep matters confidential, I would like to sell you a bridge!. JK

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Elders and confidentiality, an oximoron at work.

• sspo
    sspo

Not every elder is like that, only the insecure ones.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Give an Elder a couple of beers and he'll tell you everything. I used to know about people getting DF even before they had a Committeee meeting.

• Mum
    Mum

oompa! ..... Come be my follower!

Not really! Maybe after I figure out where I'm going, okay?

Take care!

SandraC

• fokyc
    fokyc

Of course it's ALL confidential!!!

My wife, a JW sister told an Elder something,

he told his mother, his mother told my son

My son told me, so I told my wife!

And she still believes 'elders keep confidentialities', they are unbeatable!!!!

fokyc

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Sweetstuff wrote:

Elders and confidentiality, an oximoron at work.

Light on Oxy and heavy on MORON

• lawrence
    lawrence

oompah-

All of us were once amazed, now most of us are amused. The majority of these men (called "elders") are power mongers and idiots. They have little self respect (different from self righteous) due to being beaten by meaner men called "COs". With little self respect, how can these men respect others?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit