God is Not Great

by bluesapphire 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

What you dream must be manufactured by some part of you, let us call it the Generator Of Dreams, prior to the part of you that witnesses can witness it, which seems a necessity since there is no conscious awareness of it be manufactured by the part of you which watches it.
    in many cases you are very much suprized by what you dream and how it unfolds. Yet its conceded by most that you yourself are the source of both, the dream and the dreamer....

what exactly would GOD be if take away all the religious a$$ kissing and sucking up? the ultimate reality that became aware...and since there was nothing but GOD to be aware of.... dreaming of something GODs true nature could dream up... a universe of possibilities.

YOU have NEVER known a moment when YOU did not exist.

YOU have always been in the center of the only universe YOU know.

as far as YOU can tell, everything YOU know is YOUR own mind's interpretation of reality...and YOU ARE reality.

THOU ART GOD

the Generator Of Dreams

and you are the DREAMER DREAMING

We are one.

If you want to know why the world is so messed up, its because everyone except the pantheists and atheists are chasing their own tails looking for themselves [GOD] outside themselves.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Yeah, the author is full of himself.

But his points really made me laugh at myself and others.

I have no need to express my non-belief though like I did when I was a believer. I can sit and listen to my born again friend at work talk about "the lord" till the sky falls and I don't have any desire to get into an exchange with her. I can just laugh about it to myself. She can figure it out that she's donating her money to her "pastor" and his lovely way of life and his lovely wifey and their lovely four daughters ... or not. What's it to me?

That's a great freedom. The freedom to not feel obligated to "save a soul". LOL

• Terry
    Terry

Hitchens is a favorite bad boy writer of mine.

I listend to the book on CD (him reading).

What is most accessible about this book is that it is very practical rather than academic or theological.

The actual dangers of religion and how it impacts upon society brings it home.

But, those who perhaps should derrive the most benefit from this book will run in horror from it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

What is most accessible about this book is that it is very practical rather than academic or theological.

The actual dangers of religion and how it impacts upon society brings it home.

Exactly how I feel about the book.

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Heavy stuff Dreamer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit