Do you ever fear that they will kill you?

by NYer Girl 38 Replies latest jw friends

• NYer Girl
    NYer Girl

I've heard the JWs referred to on this site mostly as a cult. As such, am I the only one who fears that one day the society will tell them to eliminate all of us who have been deemed apostates? I can think of several of my old "friends" who would not hesitate to take me out. Think: Jonestown, Heaven's Gate, etc. Is it so far-fetched to think that, instead of sucide, they might commit homicide?

• Sassy
    Sassy

naaww.. I can't see them ever doing that.. it isn't their style...

• R.F.
    R.F.

I don't think they would. If there were to be attempts, many of them don't have enough mental competence to carry it out.

R.F.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

No. I think you're totally off base here. I was a JW a long time, and could never imagine that happening.
    Were you a JW?
    S4

• ness
    ness

*sigh* i mean seriously.

• NYer Girl
    NYer Girl

I was a witness for 20 years, including my childhood and became a regular pioneer. The congregation that I was a part of was particularly vehement, really a cesspool of hypocrisy and judgment. All I'm saying is that my understanding of the definition of a cult is that they'll do whatever they are told. I certainly did. We see that they're no longer allowed to do outside study. They are looking to insulate themselves even furthur and we are their enemies. But what IF. Just a thought...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I think any religion could whip its followers into killing people, if they felt they could get away with it. However, the WTBTS is more into hyper-control of its members, rather than trying for world control like extreme Muslims.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't worry so much about them killing me so much as having them make me wish I was dead. And there are several ways they could do that: Ruining my reputation, attempting to recapture me by surrounding me at work and bodily carrying me into a Kingdumb Hell, or starting some frivolous lawsuit (perhaps for not spending all my time out in service doing quality service like I supposedly "agreed" to via baptism) are some of the ways that they could come up with.

As for disfellowshipping me, that would actually have next to no effect. They cannot recapture someone who is disfellowshipped, or they would themselves be subject to getting disfellowshipped. They could still try to ruin my reputation like they have tried with Danny Haszard; they could start a groundless lawsuit for not "honoring an agreement" to do all I could possibly for Jehovah. But killing me, I think they would be doing a great disfavor and setting themselves up for even worse embarrassment that could kill the cult like the Waco cult did.

• changeling
    changeling

Do you entertain this thought as a fantasy, but know down deep it's way off base? Or do you actually fear this will happen?

If it's the later you may need medical help.

changeling

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

No but I do worry about me taking a few of them out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit