The First 2007 Christmas Thread.... countdown is T-minus 119 days...

by AK - Jeff 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

missanna and i will be celebrating for the very first time this year. we can't wait.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Hey Jeff! I just had to mention that

Seasonal Gospel Music. It comprises the largest part of my music collection. In fact - with all the talk of it - I am going to put on some right now.........There..... Gene Autry is now singing 'Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer'.

Rudolph does NOT count as seasonal gospel music lol!! Man, you exWitnesses really need a music education .

Seriously though, last Christmas I really held back on decorating out of consideration of the Witnesses that come every week for a "study". (that is what they think is happening, we on the other hand are scattering seeds as fast as we can). I did not want to do anything that would stumble them in any shape. Usually, I really enjoy decking the halls etc fa la la la la la la la la.

This year, I am not sure if they will still be coming. However, I do like to focus on the religious reason for the season. I am in charge of the Sunday School pageant every year, so I have already started thinking about that and listening to music choices. If any of you ever want to read a hilarious book, get "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" by Barbara Robinson. We read it every year and it still causes tears of mirth.

Now if we could only get some Christmas smileys on JWD, then I could decorate this post! (that is a Christmas star)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I must correct you Truthsearcher. The actual quote was;

I love Christmas and Seasonal Gospel Music. It comprises the largest part of my music collection. In fact - with all the talk of it - I am going to put on some right now.........

I of course was classifying Rudolf as Christmas music and not Seasonal Gospel. LOL. But I do love the Three Tenors and Mannheim Steamroller, that kind of seasonal music. And the Praise Music.

We kind of overdecorate, it is reactionary I suppose. Also we are raising our grandkids, so it is largely for them. But the music is my favorite. I sing it from August onward. Everyone at work thinks I am nuts. But they don't mistake me for a Jw. LOL

Merry Xmas in August - soon snow will be falling in your neck up there!

Jeff

• Es
    Es

Its never to early, I have brought and wrapped all my presents for everyone!!! I know I need to get a life, I just enjoy it so much!

es

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I love Christmas. Does anyone want to make fruitcake with me? I make really good fruitcake. I usually start in June or July - put one pound each of raisins, dried currants, dried pitted prunes, dried cherries and a cup of diced candied orange peel in a gallon jar and cover the fruit completely with brandy. Then I set it in a cupboard, covered, and keep it topped up as the fruit absorbs the booze. Then the day after Thanksgiving I make 40 or 50 fruitcakes, wrap them up and store them for Christmas. For all you fruitcake haters out there - I don't want to hear from you. I love fruitcake. Unfortunately, this year has been so awful in so many ways, I never got my fruit started. But with a little encouragement, I could do it now!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have a good chunk of my Christmas decorations already up. I put hooks along the perimeter of the rooms in my apartment, mostly in the corners and at inconspicuous intervals along the wall. From these I put garland and lights, and hang ornaments from this. There are also figurines already placed at lower levels, some of which play Christmas music when wound up.

Also, I have been preparing a mini disc full of Christmas music. This comes largely from the computer--I got a lot of it online. Some of it is in my computer, too--along with popular music (and patriotic music--another type the Witlesses demonize). So, every so often, a Christmas song will pop up in my computer. Just the sort of music that I used to hate while I was a Witless.

The Christmas tree will have to wait. That's because it will be in the way of the air conditioner, which needs an unobstructed flow to blow cold air into the room. But, once the air conditioner goes down for the season, the Christmas tree is going up. And, following some of the tips on the Internet, it is going to be double bright. That tree is so big that, if it was any bigger, it would not fit in the ceiling with the star (a lit color changing LED star). I also have a great big wreath going up, complete with lights of its own, outside my apartment door.

• KW13
    KW13

i cant wait for snow, green and red, for my son to be having his first christmas, Jeff the thoughts crossed my mind lots already mate and i am with you in Christmas Spirit

• Sassy
  • Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Freyd is a Bible Student-a group that follows Russell . There was a group of Bible Students not far from where I used to live.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

LOL! When I was a pre-JW kid, I used to start preparation for Christmas in July each year. My sisters and brothers were STUNNED, to say the least, when I joined the JWs and gave up Christmas.

Now, I tend to get more into the mood after Halloween, so I will join the Christmas discussions then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit