The First 2007 Christmas Thread.... countdown is T-minus 119 days...

by AK - Jeff 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am starting to think about the joyous season already - I know, I know, I am way too early. It is still summer in the Northern Hemisphere, school has only just gotten started, and the leaves haven't even turned yet. Still - I suppose I have catching up to do. I did not celebrate anything for the first 48 years of my life. My only B-day celebration was in 2005 when I hit the big 50. And Christmas is still new to me.

So indulge me - let's talk Christmas.

Jeff

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I guess technically mine isn't *specifically* a Christmas thread... but if you're as into the Christmas season as I am I suggest you check it out:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/141046/1.ashx

I'm already thinking of gifts for all the nieces and nephews. I love watching them open them.

Jackie

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no such thing as too early. I have been preparing for this Christmas since last Halloween! By gradually building levels up on decorations, I am going to have my place decorated real good by this Columbus Day. Hey, I have heard of one person who was raised a Witless getting a Christmas tree up as soon as it came, in July.

If you are a first-timer, I really suggest reading the tips on how to decorate a Christmas tree on the Internet. Good Housekeeping has some really interesting tips (warning: If you use 4,000 lights, make sure they are LEDs or you are going to have fuse blowage issues since this many minis use 1,600 watts. LEDs use only 160 watts for the same number.) And, if you get an artificial tree, you still have some time to practice decorating it. First-timers might know what they want, but need some practice runs and some crappy looking trees before they get it right. If you are going to have a crappy looking tree, better now so you can take it down and set it up again until you get the hang of it.

Speaking of crappy trees, now is also the time to take inventory of your ornaments. The optimal time for that is when you take the tree down--note any missing or busted bulbs or faulty light sets, and replace them at that time. But this might be the best time for first-timers to dry-run their ornaments. First timers usually find they are skimpy on ornaments, and now is a better time to fix that problem than waiting until the day after Thanksgiving and then finding out that it is wimpy or that you can't put up the tree right. The earlier you can get these issues addressed, the better the results are going to be when it's time to set the tree up for real. And, there is nothing wrong with having the decorations up whenever you feel like setting them up!

• TheSilence
  • ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Too early for me, I can't think about it yet. I'll catch up around November

nj

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I am a hardcore decorator for the holidays, I really make up for lost time!

I have already begun putting up my Fall stuff inside and out.

Once I have it all set up I will post some pics.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Damn - you just reminded me that all my Christmas stock will be arriving next week

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

funny, the kids and I were talking about x-mas this morning while on the way to school. they can't wait! their papa (my dad who left the org.) will be celebrating with us this year and we are all excited about that!

is it really only about 100 days away???!!!

• iveseenthelight
    iveseenthelight

I'm going to buy my nephews the best Chrimbo presents EVER!!! i always felt like such a meany, but boy are they gonna love their aunty this year..any ideas on what to buy boys of 12 and 8? Not used to buying presents...

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear AK Jeff,

When I read your thread it brought a big smile to my face!! My husband was just playing Christmas music the other day, and he was getting excited for it too!! Since our home was egged by the Wittnesses who were at our Witness neighbors home last year because we had a Frosty in our yard, and a wreath on our door, you can bet we are going to go "all out" this year!!! (FYI they were found guilty and were prosecuted!!) If they didn't like the little bit that we had up last year..they are going to really hate what we put out this year!! Last year I took a wreath and put a big red bow on it and zip tied it to my front grill of my car. It was my way of saying "Merry Christmas" to the world, and screw you to the JWs!! What a joyous season!! We are with you and cannot wait!!!!!! Many happy memories to make, and make up for!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit