MISSISSIPPIANS THE FATTEST IN THE USA

by Mary 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Well, my state, Vermont, was the third thinnest! Actually, all of New England was at the bottom of the list. Lots of athletes up here.

Now, going to a WalMart up here is something of a real freak show, what in hell must it be like in Mississippi??

S4

• rebel8
    rebel8

renee, I know what you mean. My whack mother fed me tons of sweets, and I have a hard time staying away from it. Sometimes I do better than other times.

There are tricks to help but I've never found any easy solution other than just doing it.

What we're talking about is a far cry from the 6th helping people at the buffet though! That is sick.

I think I will have the images from Mary's last post burned into my brain for a long time.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Where did Florida rank?

Have you seen the people in South Florida?

Scary................

P.S.- They drive from store to store in a mall parking lot.............no walking............scary..............

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

I think it's the government cheese.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Almost one third not overweight, but obese? Amazing.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Eating contests should be outlawed until every last human is fed.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I'm sure they're all just big-boned!

• rebel8
    rebel8

"Eating contests should be outlawed until every last human is fed."

Yeah! Next time there's a contest like that, let's stand in front of the troughs with huge posters of starving kids.

I also hate using food for other-than-eating purposes, such as that festival in Spain where they throw tomatoes at each other, or using food in crafts/arts.

Obviously there are lots of other reasons that cause starvation, but a lot of them seem to be a result of someone else's greed. (Go to the Sundance Channel's web site and watch their GREEN special on paper production and how it is depleting food supply and poisoning the ground. Then go to the World Bank's web site and read about how tobacco production is doing the same thing. Sad.)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Do they really eat more food there - or is it more a combination of decent sized portions of fatty food and lack of exercise? In the area I live, it's more the latter.

It's funny that Jamie Oliver's UK school campaign was mentioned. If it has been unsuccessful, it hasn't always been for lack of effort - one school in our region switched to healthier meals and the kids allegedly *didn't want them* - but there were parents at the school gates every lunch time taking orders for fish and chips!! (fries!). The question has to be asked - was that parent power? A child is more likely to stick with the foods they know if given the option.

It seems to be an attitude thing, a lack of willingness to even try anything new or different

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit