"God will not test you beyond what you can bare"..

by NotSoMuch 26 Replies latest social family

• NotSoMuch
    NotSoMuch

(faith lost in the scripture)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I believe that, I believe that God has been working in my life, and alot of the difficulties I have had, have actually been God looking out for me. In hindsight I can see that he has protected me in several situations. I give him the credit for keeping me together despite all the agony I endured as a JW, and post JW.

There is a good scripture that I remember was posted on my cousin's refrigerator ---Thou wilt keep in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee"

As long as my mind was stayed on him, I had relative peace, whenever I started looking in other directions I became troubled.

• Dragonlady76
  • sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I don't think its God who tests us beyond what we can bear, its frikkin people I tell ya!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In other words, you will be tested until you've lost everything, including all your clothing. Or did you mean "bear" instead of "bare"?

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee... - Is. 26:3

Amen.

Snowbird

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Snowbird, that scripture always sticks out in my mind. The next time I'm up in Kentucky, I will check to see if that scripture is still on her refrigerator.

• snowbird
    snowbird

And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted (tested) beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted (tested), He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. (1Cor.10:13

Welcome, NotSoMuch. ((((((())))))).

Snowbird

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Shouldn't this be in the 'adult' section?

(Sorry - couldn't resist.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks again Snowbird, those are 2 very powerful scriptures that have alot of meaning in my life right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit