Alberto Gonzales resigned

by Mulan 20 Replies latest social current

• Mulan
    Mulan
    signed up for Soc Sec yet? I'm all set and supposed to get my first check in Nov.

Not yet. I haven't worked enought in my life, to get much. When Dave starts getting it in a couple of years, I can get more then.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

It's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swalker

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Thank goodness! This man's had Bush's back since his Texas days which is why he's been around so long. I have to wonder what is really rumbling around underneath though - these changes - Karl Rove, Tony Snow, Gonzales and what - 5 others in the past month? So what are they planning to do that we haven't been told about yet? sammieswife.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I have to wonder what is really rumbling around underneath though - these changes - Karl Rove, Tony Snow, Gonzales and what - 5 others in the past month?

Karl Rove - He realizes there's not much more he can do, his whole agenda has been accomplished with regards to GW Bush. Now it's time to see how he can rake enough muck to win the Republicans another presidential election in 2008.

Tony Snow - Is quite ill and really needs to get out of the public spotlight.

Gonzales -- Will be frustrated there's no way he can further tear America and the Justice Department further away from the Constitution.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

So what are they planning to do that we haven't been told about yet?

You can bet something is up!!!

Swalker

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

..some betting going on right now - do you recall the betting that happened just before 9/11? Major betting right now - I believe it's $750 million that the market falls 35-50% in the next 45 days. That's a heck of a pile of money - and of course there is a great deal of speculation that this might be directly related to a war with Iran which is why the bets are running so high. I wonder if the adage 'follow the money' would stand true? Just thought it was interesting...............sammieswife.

• 5go
    5go
    Major betting right now - I believe it's $750 million that the market falls 35-50% in the next 45 days.

Please tell that is true. I have been saying it's overdue!

• 5go
    5go

Wow I didn't know about snow leaving.

It's got to be a case of gettin while the gettin's good.

• 5go
    5go
    Yes, but sources are saying that Bush is going to recommend Chertoff as his replacement. ...heavy sigh....

I hear he is next to leave.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Mulan...did you know you can collect your SS now and switch over to your hubby's later? You should call SS and ask them about it. I started to collect on mine at 62 and switched over to hubby's before I was 65..his had grown by then and I got to switch over to his....now hubby had died but before he died they hurried up and put him on disability . So now I am able to collect his full disability amount even tho I am not disabled!

You might want to call them to verify if you can do that.It's worth a phone call...

Snoozy ..sorry to hack the thread..I'll leave now..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit