Alberto Gonzales resigned

by Mulan 20 Replies latest social current

• Mulan
    Mulan

Just read it on www.msn.com He is having a press conference today to make the announcement.

It's about time.

• Mulan
    Mulan

bttt

must be too early....................does no one care?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Good morning, Mulan! Haven't had my coffee yet. I was more surprised hearing about Owen Wilsons possible suicide attempt. I thought he was really mellow and laid back. Too bad.

PS. signed up for Soc Sec yet? I'm all set and supposed to get my first check in Nov.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Who is Alberto Gonzales?

W

• Spectre
    Spectre

YEE- HAW!!!!!

• BFD
    BFD

Finally! Now if we could just get the president and vice president to follow things might just get better before '09. Criminal, the whole lot of them.

BFD

• ness
    ness

wow, I cant believe he resigned.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Yes, but sources are saying that Bush is going to recommend Chertoff as his replacement. ...heavy sigh....

• Gopher
    Gopher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Gonzales

Alberto Gonzales (born August 4, 1955) is an Americanjurist who is the 80th Attorney General of the United States. Gonzales was appointed to the post in February 2005 by President George W. Bush. While Bush was Governor of Texas, Gonzales had served as his general counsel, and subsequently he served as Secretary of State of Texas and then on the Texas Supreme Court. From 2001 to 2005, Gonzales served in the Bush Administration as White House Counsel. [1] On August 27, 2007, Gonzales announced that he will resign, effective September 17, 2007. He did not announce the reasons for his resignation. [2] He is the highest-ranking Hispanic in the federal government to date.

The investigation into the illegal actions and the reasons for the decisions made in the Justice department must continue. Congress may, as a result of continued investigation, need to enact legislation to keep the Justice department (and perhaps higher-ups in the administration) firmly in check. Nobody should be above the law, especially those whose job is to enforce it.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Nobody should be above the law, especially those whose job is to enforce it.

Triple amen to that. Hi, Gopher. Hope you're not too waterlogged.

Snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit