Life on Mars

by Anti-Christ 17 Replies latest social current

• M.J.
    M.J.

I believe I heard in either a public talk or a WT article one Sunday that "life does not exist on other planets, except possibly in microbial form".

So the WT has already made a move on this one.

There was no explanation from them on WHY there would be microbes on other planets, but I have heard from a well educated dub that if life were on Mars, he believes it probably at some point was transferred from Earth.

Very little would change, I believe.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I don't get it. Even when I was a dub, I always believed in the possibility of life elsewhere. I never thought an all powerful creator would confine his attention to just this tiny speck upon a speck upon a speck of a planet.

He spoke about "earthling man" in the Bible, and that always made me think there were others kinds of "man" elsewhere. I never asked anybody though....that would have been speculating and I knew what would happen then! (a tongue-lashing from the elders about over-thinking things.)

• TopHat
    TopHat

I can't see life existing on another planet besides earth, in our solar system, however, I feel life might exist in another galaxy far far away.

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think any kind of evidence for intelligent life will be found but

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I don't get it. Even when I was a dub, I always believed in the possibility of life elsewhere. I never thought an all powerful creator would confine his attention to just this tiny speck upon a speck upon a speck of a planet.

He spoke about "earthling man" in the Bible, and that always made me think there were others kinds of "man" elsewhere. I never asked anybody though....that would have been speculating and I knew what would happen then! (a tongue-lashing from the elders about over-thinking things.)

I also thought about it wen I was younger but I asked and the answer I got was that it was impossible. The reason? Because of the question that was raised in the garden. If there were other intelligent life on other planets then Jesus sacrifice would be for nothing. But if there is some kind of life elsewhere then I think it should change a lot of things but the more I think about it the more I'm afraid that it might not change much.

• choosing life
    choosing life

It would have to be a form of intelligent life on another planet to really impact most people, That would be something to be reckoned with.

• KW13
    KW13

Intelligent life elsewhere, would be cool.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    It would have to be a form of intelligent life on another planet to really impact most people, That would be something to be reckoned with.

I agree, a more advanced society that would live in peace, that would certainly have an impact on most people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit