Do you feel out of place, a "misfit", since leaving the org?

by FreedomFrog 42 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I seem to be "stuck" in between worlds. The world I knew and the world I'm trying to know and learn.

Are there others that feel this too?

Do you ever remember feeling this way at any point?

• Xena
    Xena

I did for probably the first year after leaving the dubs. During that time I started to make new friends, find new interests and generally make a new life for myself. Nowdays (approx 5 years after leaving) I feel like I fit in pretty much anywhere. I'll always have some dub baggage that pops up it's ugly head from time to time, expecially with family still in but I've also realized most people have some kind of baggage themselves just in a different shape or form. At least mine can make for some interesting conversation.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I've been out for over 2 years so I'm behind schedule...lol

• Xena
    Xena

Naw I'm just an overachiever.

• dobbie
    dobbie

tbh i felt like a misfit IN the organisation, i never belonged. Now i'm out no it hasn't been easy making friends etc esp for a quiet person like me but i've managed to do it. It does take alot of time and effort but its well worth it.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    i felt like a misfit IN the organisation

You see, I did too. Being in the organization and knowing it didn't make sense made it miserable for me. Though after having the courage to leave everyone I knew is also making it challenging since they are all still stuck in the org.

That's where the misfit for both "worlds" are coming into play.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

you gotta start 'reframing' asap!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    you gotta start 'reframing' asap!

Can you please explain what you mean by "reframing"?

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Never mind...I understand...

Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) studies the structure of how humans think and experience the world. NLP was invented by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in the 1970s as a method of personal development. Also it's a field of study of a set of practices related with positively modifying behavior techniques( particularly through psycho-linguistic). Its theoretical foundation rests on a range of disciplines, including various psychological fields, linguistics, cognitive science and occupational therapy. It has since been elaborated and reconceived in divergent forms by its practitioners and adherents, making it a diffuse field resistant to a single comprehensive definition. There is also a great deal of difference between the depth and breadth of training and standards.
  • FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Six Step Reframe

The Six-Step Reframe is an NLP technique used to replace an unwanted behaviour or bad habit with a more desirable one - while keeping the benefits, or secondary gain, of the old behaviour.

NLP presupposes that "every behaviour has a positive intention," and that any undesirable behaviour a person has will also have a positive benefit behind it (often unconsciously).

The Six-Step Reframe uses a mild trance state, negotiation, and creativity from unconscious resources to change the "part" that's causing the behaviour.

1. Identify the behavior to change

2. Set up signals with the part causing the behavior

3. Identify the positive intention behind the behavior

4. Generate a number of possible alternative behaviors which will equally satisfy the same intent

5. Choose the favored three replacement behaviors

6. Check to see if there is any other internal conflict regarding the change.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reframing_%28NLP%29#Six_Step_Reframe

I guess the question I need to figure out for me is what behavior "I" need to change. One comes to mind is missing the family/friends feeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit