Remember the Movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark"...

by alias 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• horrible life
    horrible life

Ex-husband, drive in move theater, we were late getting there, and we were fighting. Saw 10+ minutes of it, and left. All I remember of it, was dirt and darkness. Kinda like my ex-husband. LOL

Saw it after the divorce, and loved it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I saw it for the first time at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, just after it had opened. What an experience! Definitely one of the top moviegoing experiences I had. But I closed my eyes too during that scene (guess I took Indy's advice). Had to ask my younger sister what happened to all the Nazis and she said "their skin came off".

• Highlander
  • Highlander
    Highlander

http://www.dvd.net.au/movies/r/08940-6.jpg

Don't click on this one if you are grossed out by that scene in the movie.

• alias
    alias

Sweet validation. Thank you.

Now, I have no idea why the Amityville Horror Movie was playing on our JW home TV, but 3:15 a.m. still freaks me out. Why do these things stick with us?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

my dad actively drew comparisons between the movie and armageddon... What a bunch of freaks.

• freeme
    freeme

in my youth that movie was kind of forbidden, because of the heavy references to the bible, the name of god, the ark and stuff.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Good movie. I remember witnessing to a friend after we went to see this. I talked so much I gave myself a sore throat.

I remember the melt scene. Supposedly, the reason they all died was because they had the presumptuousness to think they could use something of god's that was holy for their own selfish purposes. And remember Indiana Jones tells Marion to keep her eyes closed so 'it' wouldn't kill her. What was nice was the end touch where there was nothing left, not even bodies. I guess he used atomic power to get rid of the remains. Kind of how the JWs think he will get rid of dead bodies after armageddon.

LHG

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yeah. I remember that movie - and that scene.

I guess, my favorite scene in that movie is the one where Indy is fightin the 'bad guys', and one pops up who is HUGE! He then goes about twirling his large-bladed knife - letting Indy know that he was a force to be reckoned with.

Indy's response? He kinda shrugs, then unholster's his gun and shoots the fella. Dead on the spot. That sorta said heaps - without saying much.

Regards,

Jim TX

• freeme
    freeme
    I guess, my favorite scene in that movie is the one where Indy is fightin the 'bad guys', and one pops up who is HUGE! He then goes about twirling his large-bladed knife - letting Indy know that he was a force to be reckoned with.

Indy's response? He kinda shrugs, then unholster's his gun and shoots the fella. Dead on the spot. That sorta said heaps - without saying much.

that scene wasnt scripted by the way. harrison did this as a joke while shooting and they found it good and shot it again (with the bad guy falling). in the script he wouldve fight the guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit