by brinjen 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome to JWD!

nj

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome WT!

Just so you know, JW's don't believe in hellfire.

I'm glad you saw them for what they really are.

changeling

• poppers
    poppers

"I said to him-did you expect me to take in all this stuff without doing any research and just take it -hook, line and sinker?"

What a great line to use. I wish I had been there to see his face. And please do share more. As you've learned here, the dubs don't believe in hell, but he got the message nevertheless.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome, worldtraveller. I look forward to reading more of your "experiences".

Cellist

• memario
    memario

worldtraveller- keep on travellin and welcome to the board!

mem

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Thanks for the good words. I will ask him just what he meant with the "worldly person" phrase. When I confronted him and accused him, he did not rebuke it. I will ask him just what it meant to him. According to what I read, only baptized jw's will go to this happy la la land. And only144K have a chance to go to this paradise (I believe about 1 in every congregation) Better odds with a corrupt lottery.Maybe someone can explain to me just what it meant. Just in case you were all wondering, I was never baptized as a jw or have ever been to any of his meetings, so I am learning as I go. Too bad it's all negative-but fun notwithstanding. W.T.the traveller.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Welcome to the forum worldtraveller

LTF

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

Welcome, there are some very nice folks here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit