NEW TRACT

by Sasha 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sasha
    Sasha

Was Pet sitting for a friend, she got one in her door...I usually get one but guess they gave up on me. (FINE). Anyone see it? Blase.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Not me, my husband must be holding out on me.

• zeroday
    zeroday

No but let me guess, "THE END IS NEAR"?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

ANOTHER one? This has got to be the most stagnating religion on the planet. The human existence reduced to walking from door to door, handing out tracts to every door without any thought whatsoever. I bet they rehearse the presentation for hours at a time at the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" and Service Meeting. And this is supposed to take only about ten seconds each.

It's bad enough that they are selling regular magazines and books. But, at least the presentations are about 1-3 minutes each, and could expose one to the householders' rebuttal. With the tracts, the householder has no chance to rebut it in front of the Witless (hence, one less chance to hear an alternative viewpoint). This is totally mindless.

Not only that, but the hours that they are requiring are up. People are pushed to stay out extra hours when they are doing a tract drive, which seems to be all the time nowadays. If you usually go in at noon, they want you to stay out until 2 or 3 PM. People that usually go in at 4 now have to stay out until 6 or later. They also want people to come out on days that they don't usually go out on, and to forgo those coffee breaks and running those errands while out in service (as well as calls, where there is at least some driving around to do). You race to the territory and start going door to door, briefly placing these wastes of paper, and then race to the next door. When you reach the end of the street, you race to the next street and repeat the process. Then you go to the next territory and repeat the process. This causes people to not get important things done around the house and to be too tired to work or go to school.

Don't they believe in giving people a chance to catch up on other things? There is more to life than running and screeching around all day placing tracts to every person in the territory. A robot could do that! I think Wal-Mart does a better job than the Witlesses--putting the ads in the Sunday paper is probably the best way to reach everyone. Of course, they will never think of putting the tracts in the paper (even though that would be the most efficient way to reach everyone, if the message was really all that urgent). They would rather keep children from learning and playing, and grown-ups from working and getting more important things done. And besides, it is likely to be as vitally important as the crap they put out last fall WASTE.

• Sasha
    Sasha

Believe it or not, not much on the "END IS NEAR" business. More like, Jehovah wants you to do this and that and thre're the only ones who know and that they are THEE orgainzation of true love amoungst themselves. Which would prove to all they are the chosen ones.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Believe it or not, not much on the "END IS NEAR" business. More like, Jehovah wants you to do this and that and thre're the only ones who know and that they are THEE orgainzation of true love amoungst themselves. Which would prove to all they are the chosen ones.

Less of the "fire and brimstone" approach. That fits with the convention talks this year about how the door-to-door talk shouldn't always be about Armageddon... ...It should be more about "preaching the Kingdom" !

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am going to go out on a limb here and take a wild guess that WHATEVER the tract is about...

that the end result in reading it is to direct the "honest-hearted and sincere ones" to go into the Watchtower Society....

and not a thing mentioned about coming TO Jesus Christ.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Actually, I think that this is a brilliant strategy for the WTS.

After all, it requires the person who distributes the tract to have no more intelligence than a qumquat, and as you said alleviates all that pesky having to answer questions from the householders or actually delving into the Bible, for gosh sakes.

I remember a couple of years back in service dreading that anyone would ask me questions about current JW belief, as I did not feel qualified to answer. That was because I could not understand the 1995 generation change, much less explain it to someone else. I did not understand the Revelation book, no matter how many times they wanted everyone to study it. And now the change in the doctrine that the "door" to being one of the annointed was closed in 1935 is no longer certain has confused many even more, I am sure.

So let's give it to the WTS. They do not ask anything more than blind unthinking obedience to their words, and a few hours of walking but not talking while giving out bland messages few read, and it seems for the most part to still be working for them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit