JW growth statistics anyone?

by winnie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

I am currently debating a topic with someone who cosistantly says that the wt is growing at a rate of 5000 per week and 50 new halls each week. He reckons he's privvy to 'inside' info that suggests this.

Does anyone have any of the actual worldwide growth rates and new halls being built?

• Amyfa
    Amyfa

I would like to know as well so sending this back to the top.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am awaiting the 2007 reports. The peak in the 2006 service year is 6,741,444 publishers. So far, from what I heard they are desperately trying to break 7 million for the 2007 service year. I have heard a lot of people leaving that cult, but unfortunately too many are still going in. And I have not seen any interim reports that suggest either way.

However, my best guess is that they are going to come up with a peak just short of 7 million for the 2007 service year. They are going to have those tract pushes, notably in the middle of months so publishers can get hounded to come out during two different months. That could skew the numbers up some, especially with last fall's fiasco attempt to start the Great Tribulation with that false religion tract. And the push to get everyone to pioneer for March, April, and May (which did all too well, though not as well as they had hoped) is likely to have further inflated the numbers. And there is the hounding and badgering of people to come out at least once in August to further inflate the numbers.

Of course, I am hoping that at least 50% of those are scam hours. Many people turn in a report that includes, or is totally, fake hours. They either don't go out and still report time, or they do dummy service and count the time. They often knock on a door that they know no one is home, and then drive 2 hours (and waste the gas) and count the time. In that case, I would expect a major crash in the numbers once the crackdowns begin in the Kool-Aid Puketowers. But, if the numbers are even close to accurate, we are doomed to break 7 million during the pioneer pushes of the 2008 service year. We will have to wait until the end of this calendar year to know for sure how many people they report, and especially since it hasn't been finalized yet.

A word of advice: If you haven't gone out in service yet in August, please do not. That will help keep the numbers down. If you always turn in dummy or fake hours, then those fake hours have already been added in with the 6,741,444 already. But, if you are still waiting to become an unbaptized publisher, then it's probably the worst time to do that.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Statistics of Jehovah's Witnesses

Statistics of Jehovah's Witnesses and Watch Tower Religion.
    www.jwic.com/stat.htm - 10k
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

"insider information", what a tool! The WTS publishes their figures so everyone has access to it.

For a global summary see http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/statistics.htm

For Aust see http://jehovah.net.au/aust_statistics.html These are really interesting as it shows JWs is one of the few 18th century religions on the census that is declining in Australia.

Since 1999 the global increase is only about 100,000 per year, due to over 100,000 leaving each year. This amounts to 100,000/50weeks equals 2000 per week.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I wonder how many households this near 7M represents. I imagine a lot of those publishers are baptized children, so we're probably talking about maybe 3.5M households worldwide?? Not really a lot IMO.

• ush419
    ush419

Jdubs can make the stats say anything they want to. However, the real truth any real growth just comes from 3rd World Countries, and the constant push to have family members (i.e. children) baptized. Had one witless ask recently aren't you encouraging your child to become baptized. I looked them right in the eye and said, "no of course not, they are too young and cant even make a responsible decision on marriage much less on something that will effect thier entire lives, so i have encouraged my child to look, observe actions, see consequences and be like Jesus and become baptized at 30 for heaven's sake just follow Jesus' example."

• Sunspot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit