What Do You Think of This Little Girl?

by journey-on 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

This girl does come across as unnatural. Could it be that this is a characteristic of a child prodigy? They almost speak like adults. She has an amazing talent.

I think most of us settle for mediocrity, never tapping into the talents we have. My brother who is extremely talented claims that he isn’t exceptional. He feels that most people don’t even try to find out what they are capable of. I'm one of those.

I do think that prodigy is used too easily. A lot of children have exceptional talents but I don’t think it necessarily makes them prodigies. Most parents think that their own children are special and that’s only natural but some go overboard.

I do think that a few people are given exceptional gifts. I don’t know the reason but why is it so distasteful for these children to say that God has given them a special talent, yet it is alright to say that a few people are extremely gifted, a progidy, because they have evolved more than most people? Does that make some people more advanced and superior? As a Christian I believe that God gives each one of us gifts. Most of us don’t ever try to find out what those gifts are. I believe that all people were created equal, but were given different talents. Most of us squander those gifts or talents. We tend to value some more than others - Intelligence, musical talents, sports.

What do you make of autistic children and savants? These people are clearly mentally and physically handicapped yet they have amazing talents. A part of their brain is highly developed yet they are incapable of doing what the average person does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps0glMxyKMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckqDX2XpdyY&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWjoWXhnXC0

Tyrone: I enjoy contributing to your thread by the way but your comment about the little boy really upsets me. Who threw kerosine in this boy’s face? who is doing the surgery? who has donated so much money for this sweet little boy? This story is so tragic. No child, no person should suffer like this. Are you saying that God had something to do with this? Then what about the surgeons? what about all the people who donated money so they can reconstruct his face? To think that God favours and loves some and hates others, only wanting bad to happen to them is beyond me. We aren’t allowed to give credit to God for the positive things but it’s His fault when something bad happens? Man was given free choice and these punks choose to throw kerosine in this little boy's face. Do you believe that God should have stopped it? Should He intervene whenever anyone does something wrong?

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I don't want to hijack this thread, but because I included autism I will add this link. It was created by his mom and if this doesn't get you teary eyed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kHSOgauhg&mode=related&search=

• journey-on
    journey-on

That was sweet. Children are amazing to me. You never know what's going through their little minds and how things can effect them. I found it a bit disturbing that this child was exposed to so much television at such a tender age. As an infant, he was allowed to become mesmerized by television and I can't help but feel a bit uneasy about that. It brought to mind the incident a few years ago where Japanese children began to experience seizures while watching some cartoon on Japanese television.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Crazy talent but on the lines of what Tyrone said, why a white christian middle class(?) north american girl would get these wonderful talents from god and not any other girl? So far, I never heard of a Iraqi, African, Indian child who was not raised in the christian faith paint god in the same exact way, then maybe I would be a little more impressed. I still think she has amazing talent thought.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

She talks like a Stepford child...way to creepy. She does have talent.

Leslie

• caligirl
    caligirl

Amazingly talented. But this girl seems to be going overboard on the god given talent thing, riding the humility train WAY past her stop. It's as if she has been taught that there is something wrong with being talented or taking personal credit for one's accomplishments at all.

It almost seems that someone influential in her life was so scared of her becoming conceited in some way due to her talent that they went the opposite direction in teaching her that she as a person is essentially worthless and untalented, and if not for this god given talent, she would be nothing.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah, and when I was a kid and noticed my dick getting bigger I kept saying: This is god! This is totally god doing this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit