How the WT Study is Used by the Governing Body

by AllTimeJeff 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• V
    V

The role of WT study articles is going to escalate after 1 January 2008, I believe.

For now there is a recirculation of past topics and very general subject matter. Is the FDS biding their time?

After the new year look for a transparent agenda to appear, with loaded language in full force.

I predict many JWs will actually revel in this development, "hunkering down" as they paint fantasies of persecution and attacks from Satan inside the clearly defined lines of the WT colouring book.

Meanwhile we will continue to objectively dissect each study here on JWD. Plug this leak FDS...

Levee break

• R.F.
    R.F.

You all bring out some good points. That's why I can't stomach the fact of attending another WT study again.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

R.F.:

That's why I can't stomach the fact of attending another WT study again.

yep, It has been about 3 weeks since I went to any meetings, not since the convention. Before that I was going only to the public talk and leaving before the Puketower. I am sure I will be going to Sunday talks again but not regularly. I think I might go to a WT study after the first of the year to see how this train wreck shapes up.

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (aka "Train wreck waiting to happen"):

Same for the Service Meeting...I haven't been to a TMS/SM since...well, I can't recall...but I want to go to the meeting when they consider the Sept 07 KM question box. I think I might actually comment: "Does this mean we cant get together in private homes and study the WT together so we are prepared for the week?" I don't know what would be more shocking...the question or me actually commenting.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "getting the popcorn, watching for the train" Sheep Class)

• R.F.
    R.F.
    I haven't been to a TMS/SM since...well, I can't recall...but I want to go to the meeting when they consider the Sept 07 KM question box.

Snakes: I've considered going to that meeting too, but I had to quickly erase that thought since my fade seems to be going on a roll so far and I don't want to give them any reason for them to use to "try to save me". I can imagine it now..."R.F., you've been to one meeting and I was so glad to see you then! You should now try to make another very soon....it shows that you're trying!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit