How the WT Study is Used by the Governing Body

by AllTimeJeff 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Now that I have been out of the borg for a while, it has occurred to me that one of the biggest weapons they use to keep everyone indoctrinated is the Watchtower Study.

Elders are told that the WT Study “is the primary way that the faithful and discreet slave feeds the flock of God today.” It is easily the most formulatic.

Consider, the content is 100% controlled. (I would also add, made up fiction.) But the key are the questions. They can be so asinine! I just copied a random set of questions of a “study article” from WT Library.

w052/1Pursuingthe"PearlofHighValue"Today***

1, 2. (a) How did the Jews in Jesus’ day feel about God’s Kingdom? (b) What did Jesus do to impart proper understanding of the Kingdom, and with what results?

3. With reference to our time, what did Jesus say about the Kingdom?

4. What effect does Kingdom truth have on people today?

5. What fine results are seen in the 2004 service year report?

6. What accounts for the steady increases over the years?

7. What experience typifies the joy and eagerness of those finding Bible truth?

8. What is one rewarding way in which many have demonstrated their love for God and loyalty to his Kingdom?

9, 10. What exciting experiences are enjoyed by missionaries in such faraway places as Central African Republic?

11. In spite of trials, how do longtime missionaries feel about their service?

12. How is true appreciation for the value of the Kingdom expressed?

13. How did one individual in the Czech Republic demonstrate his love for the Kingdom?

14. (a) What has the Kingdom good news moved millions to do? (b) What sobering questions could each of us ask himself?

15. What was prophesied that God’s people would do in the final days?

16. Give an example of how God’s servants are reaching out to help others learn about the Kingdom.

17. Relate what you find particularly encouraging about the 2004 service year report on pages 19 to 22.

18. What information did Jesus not include in the parable of the traveling merchant, and why not?

19. What key lesson can we learn from Jesus’ parable of the pearl of high value?

These questions are childish and insulting.

It is at these meetings that “new light” is shared. I would add it is done through the WT because it can also be controlled, and if any of the flock have troubles with changes, then elders, MS, pioneers and other “mature ones” ( i.e. the indoctrinated and blind) can offer comments that amount to peer pressure to keep everyone in line. If you have questions, you are totally outnumbered. You can see that at the WT study. Why put yourself through that? Just go along with it. You were born after 1960, what difference to you does it make that the teaching on what the “generation” that saw 1914 changed? What difference does it make if the anointed weren’t really “sealed” in 1935 (like that pig faced ass Rutherford maintained after one too many shots of Scotch) and if anointed can suddenly pop up and be younger then my parents?

The WT study is nothing more then a device used to dispense controversial and contradictory theology in small, manageable doses.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Well put. Mind control at it's finest.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Exactly. That is why they have now instructed WT conductors to not introduce additional material and to stick to the program. Control!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I forgot to add that, but a letter to the elders went out a couple of months ago that basically said all WT Conductors have to do it the same way.... This letter opened up a mini pandora's box for 2 reasons.

1. Young elders are going to be aiming hard for old elders who never liked doing the WT in a "conventional way".
    2. CO's are going to be ripping all WT Conductors a new one. It's great stress relief for CO's, since they can't get after the pedophiles.

The WT is a big joke. No news break here.

• fresia
    fresia

I do find that some of the questions and suggetions very intimidating and childish, they really don't like anyone being in the smart. This is my main objection with the organization, and I think it is insulting asking stupid repetative questions. Sometimes the questions are longer than the damn answers.

• 5go
    5go
    Sometimes the questions are longer than the damn answers.

Heck, sometimes the paragraph being studied.

• choosing life
    choosing life

It was always the hardest meeting for me when I started. The repetition alone was mind numbing. and It is not fair they get to make up both the questions and the answers too. And no one is able to even ask an honest question about the material. I always loved it when a new person would have the innocence to ask a question not listed. The conductor would start to squirm immediately.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

the enticing advancement of power is all too alluring in the minds of men, isn't it ? unfortunately once that power is established it's very hard to make it go away.

So much disillusionment and lies to support men, I wonder what they will be saying 100 years from now ?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Right before I left for good, I would try to incorporate new material or a different viewpoint in my answers, only to be given a stony stare by the conductor. The regular members loved it, however, and would often come to me after the meetings ask the source of my information.

Needless to say I soon became persona non grata around the KH.

Snowbird

• LanDi
    LanDi

You kidding ?? The Watchtower study rocks. Where else can we have Jehovah dispensing through his faithful and discreetful slave the truths from the bible ?

Seriously though. The WTS is pretty lousy, usless unintellectual nonsense - it doesn't scrape on the depths of the Bible. You have Witnesses who boast they have read the bible all the way through and I think, then why you still a Witness ? You got Prince (artist formely known as Prince) who is to almost cease touring to devote more time to study of the Bible. There are some great Bible reference books at our local library yet you are forbidden to read them by the Society because they are Apostate ( not written by their wise hands ) and not in agreement with revealed truths. I can tell you, they rock. However, you are prevented from studying the Bible without their aides, in case you are misled and fall into apostacy. No matter how well backed by scripture our arguments, they are not from Gods Channel of communication.

But, on the discussion of Gods Kingdom, they [ the refence books I adhered to earlier] got a little stuck where Jehovahs Witnesses give a full detailed description. Jobos do however struggle explaining Jesus words to the Pharisees " the kingdom is within you " which they can't explain away with any convincing arguments. If you read the Gnostic gospels, the Kingdom is in our hearts.

THE PLOT THICKENS............... ( or does it?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit