Was I too harsh?

by avishai 15 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Well done

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I assume both!!! I have come to learn since leaving that folks have a right to either paradigm. For instance, the children who were brutally and continually abused in pretty much any and every fashion imaginable, and having the society cover it up, or those who had mates that beat them and were told not to go to the police, or the parents of children who died because they were'nt allowed to have vaccinations, only to have the society reverse this position, or those who were brutally beaten, raped, and murdered in Malawi and Mozambique for not affiliating w/ a political party, while at the same time in mexico the brothers were allowed to have almost identical cards. These are some examples that CAN make people bitter.
    I myself have been witness too, and subjected too a couple of these things.
    I choose to try not to be bitter. Anyone else, though, that's THEIR choice, and that's the great thing about being an XJW. You have choices. You can live and let live without hoping 99.9% of the population is going to die, because they're not "special" like God's chosen people. You don't have to choose between 1 family member who was DF'd 30 yrs. ago for smoking and who has since saved hundreds if not thousands of lives as a paramedic, and another, who while in good standing has HURT multiple folks as a JW, but, dang, well, he repented, even though he's STILL hurting people.
    So You are welcome to drop by! We don't practice shunning @ burning man.
    So, if you are one of the bitter ones, or the laid back ones, there's no reason to be afraid. We love ya no matter what!! ;)

Very well written Avi, and like eclipse said very passionate. Some things shouldn't be "sugar coated".

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I think that was spot on.

Besides who's to say the laidback people can't help the healing process of the bitter ones?

• brinjen
    brinjen

I think it was perfect

• RAF
    RAF

nothing's wrong with this answer ... and the end of it is very cool in fact.

• avishai
    avishai

Damn, i wish she woulda showed up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit