• msil
    msil

• msil
    msil

[.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Msil,

It's funny that you chose the year 1987 in your example, because that was the year I graduated from high school. I was in the top 10% of my year, and could have taken almost any university course I wanted. Instead, I was told I would have to find a job as soon as I left school. University was not an option. Had I rebelled, I would not have had any financial support and most likely told to leave home.

I graduated from school whilst there was a bad economic recession on in my country. I would apply for jobs and have to compete against 100 other applicants. 100 other applicants that had gone to college to get a certificate or already had work training (I wasn't allowed to work when I was in school. The reasoning for this was that it would take away time that I should be spending in meetings or field service).

I was unemployed for 8 months.

Then I was kicked out of home (due to other issues). I had a beat-up car and $300 in the bank and no job.

A week later I got a casual job paying $4 per hour.

Life has got better since then, but I do lament the waste of my youth looking for a measly job when I could have been gaining further education instead. It's taken me 14 years to get a job that pays a decent wage. Had I gone to uni, I would be earning twice what I do now. Plus I may have left the JWs earlier and maybe life would have taken a different turn.

Anyway, I don't live in the past. I am glad that I do have a job now, and having lived through what I have, I appreciate the little things in life.

As far as I'm concerned, suing the WTS won't bring back my missed youth, just as much as suing the Dr who mis-diagnosed my mother won't bring her life back. Sometimes we just have to accept that we had our own part to play in some of our life choices, and we have to accept the consequences.

The main thing now is to learn from our mistakes, and vow never to make them again.

• msil
    msil

• JT
    JT

GREAT POST MAN

• Jez
    Jez

Thank you for sharing your story. These stories need to be told or else they will be buried forever and the truth will never come out. The WBTS loves to shut ppl up and they do this through df'ing and mind control. A deeply entrenched belief that we should never, ever, no matter what, speak out against them. If stories like yours are not told to the world, then they will continue to operate behind the curtain, skirting any responsibility.

Have you asked for an explanation from the society? I am so curious about what they would say.

I am trying to learn how to stop letting them into my thoughts and emotions. I believe it will just come down to, one day, saying, ENOUGH. I let them have so much of my life and I really don't want to let them have another day, but it all takes time.

May you have happiness, Jez

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Does anyone know what happened to the person that started this thread?

How sad is this?

The betrayal I feel is nothing compared to how he must feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit