need some help with letter.... this is what i got so far....help

by thebiggestlie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

A word of warning - if you correct too many mistakes your letter may lose some of its authenticity and your parents may spot that and be suspecious that you had help from apostates - lol.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

My heart really goes out to you. I think your letter is heartfelt and your love for your parents shines through every word.

• vitty
    vitty

It has been said that the witness have an authentic personality and a cult personality, lets hope your letter breaks through the cult mindset. Im trying to think back to how I would have felt if my son had written me that letter, im sure it would have touched my heart.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

TBL - great letter. Just finish it off with a closing paragraph, but I'd go with what you wrote! Hope everything goes ok.

nj

• Mum
    Mum

That was a very moving letter. Your parents should be so proud to have a son who can express himself so well and from the heart.

You are in a very untenable position. Please take care and keep coming back here for support.

Regards,

SandraC

• Open mind
    Open mind

thebiggestlie,

(thumbs up)

You know what I liked? You didn't get into a big long laundry list of all the things that the WT is wrong about.

You spoke honestly from the heart and showed what effect this religion has had on you. And that you love your parents very much. And that you have a brain and you're beginning to use it.

I'm saving this baby. Someday when the time is right, I may share it with my teenagers. I'll say, "it's OK to feel the way you're feeling. Here's a letter that another young person wrote to his parents. Is there anything he says that sounds like how you feel sometimes?"

Thanks again,

Open Mind

• unique1
    unique1

Very heartfelt. I hope it reaches them.

• usedtogo
    usedtogo

My mother has been putting guilt trips on me for years , don't let them put a guilt trip on you.

Ask them if i am to die for what i belive in then , should it not be what i belive in. If smoking makes me such a bad person should i be put to death for it, should i be put on the death list of armageddon. Is this what everybody at the kingdom hall wants, do they all want me to die because i smoked a cigarette.

Are these the type of people i want to be around, where is all the love they they like to yap about. Would jehovah want the elders to have secret information that the rest of the congergation or flock does not no about.

They like to talk about every other religion out there, but i have a feeling there day is about to come. Armageddon might come in a verson that every kingdom hall will have 2 factions, the ones that want to be the rule makers and enforcer and the kind and loving ones that are good people that we do remember.

A couple more law suits, newspaper artices, and a few tv stories and we will see who will be throwing stones in the future.

BE STRONG MY FRIEND

• Serg
    Serg

i know you're between a hard place and a rock but if your family really loves you they will love you either way you go. Its better, for your future sake, that if you're going to get out do it now, when you're young. Its a lot easier if you're single than if you were married with a jw and had a child and would have to take even longer to ease your way out of da troof for fear of losing your wife and kid(s). Thats my current situation.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I think you've done a great job with your letter so far. It's from the heart, it's telling your parents what you truly feel, and it's respectful. Every parent who loves their kids wants to know what is in their hearts.

Even so, this is going to be a hard letter for your parents to get. Be prepared for that. You mention some things in your letter that you might want to go into more detail with your parents on in person, after they read what you've written. For example, you wrote:

Well if you where to ask me if i believed in God at any age up until about 14 i would have probably said yes because any other option seemed ridiculous and could only originate from the devil,

Your parents will probably want to know why you don't believe in God now. If you do believe in God, they will want to know why you don't believe that the JWs have the "truth." I'm sure you have solid reasons, and I think it's important for you to be able to tell your parents those reasons.

Another thing you mention several times is that you feel insecure, different, like the black sheep. And while it's a good thing to acknowledge that, don't let your parents point to your insecurity or your young age as proof that they are right and you are misled. You know you are doing what is right for you. Let me repeat myself: You know you are doing what is right for you! This is a very scary place to be in, but make sure you stand up for yourself. You know that this will be painful for your parents... you are trying to minimize the damage by writing them this letter. But you do not need to apologize for doing what is right for you.

Good luck with this, you are unbelievably brave to be going through this by yourself. I wish I'd had the guts to do what you're doing when I was your age.

Hugs!

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit