Will love conquer all?

by LouiseAlly 13 Replies latest social relationships

• LouiseAlly
    LouiseAlly
    Hi, My name is Alison and i am having a very hard time to accept what is going on in my life. Hopefully anyone that can help me can certainly will receive much more from Jehovah….. also i find by writing about my story can help other individuals going through the same thing can help make them to make wise decisions in life.... I am 21 years old and my ex boyfriend is 25 years old . We were going out for one year and three months which is unfortunate it could not last longer. When we meet he was baptized as a Jehovah Witness but did not practice it. During that time it was all about us and what we were going to do to better our life as partners and individuals. Little by little the thought of both our religion were always coming up . We were not sure how we would raise a family when we both were taught differently. At this point it was complicating for us to be strong with the relationship and our love for each other was just so strong. He was the man i wanted to marry and the person i did see myself with , his feelings were the same but what was playing back and fourth in his head is that i was not a Jehovah Witness, i was raised as a catholic and attended a catholic school for 13years of my life. The Catholics religion did not answers all my question that i would as about God. I knew alot but did not know why i had to practice the traditions my religion. i just did it because it was what i was taught since a little girl. I always had a strong passion to know more about God and where he came from but as the time when i was with my boyfriend at the time was not ready to take up into a new religion so quick.. i also wanted to do on my own and not get pushed in to a religion i was not ready to commit to. When i was with my bf he would constantly tell me to have studies with his mom but i was not ready ...after that i told his mom that i would take studies but i did it for the wrong reasons... i found that i was just doing it to please both of them even though i was really interested in what she was teaching.. Like i said and told him i was not ready and he wasnt either.. After some time about 1 year he told me he needed something in his life but i did not understand what he meant until he said he needed Jehovah in this life. My first reaction was, "who is Jehovah?" i was confused. All my life i did not know Gods name. i understood and i had told him i was behind him 100% but it was not all he wanted, My bf wanted me to get into being a witness as well. That was a point in my life in which i was not sure what to do . i could either follow his path because i did not have a strong religion of my own or tell him he is asking for too much and walk away from the love we had shared together. i did not know what to do i had no one to understand my feelings and pain i was going through. 1 year and 3months had passed which we broke up and now its been about 3month in which can not stop thinking what a great relationship we had and how grateful i am to have meet and been with such a good guy. Throughout those 3 months of break i had faith and expectation that we were going to be together and live happily ever after with a beautiful family we were so anxious about having. That man made me the happiest i have ever been in my life. We would talk but not as much because he couldn’t ……I feel like his elders did not approve of me and did such a job in influencing him to move on….. I was ok with him going back but he was just not allowed to see me or talk but I had no closure , he didn’t want to tell me he couldn’t see or talk to me again because they said I was in the past……he ended up meeting other brothers and sisters which in just a few days ago i had found out that he has moved on by speaking with other girls in his congregation which made me very upset to think that such a strong thing like religion can influence some ones way of thinking.. he is now talking to a Jehovah witness to get to know which make me crazy to think he can move on so fast and just say that he does not see us in the future anymore…… I know its because I was not a Jehovah witness and now I guess that girl has more privilege because she found out the truth b4 me…I am very much heart broken and still in love .. now im just focus in school and in getting closer to Jehovah …. I have been studying for about 3months and I love it … I was just too late!.... .....I hope who ever hears my story can find some positive advice or can leave a comment that can help me understand more about this new religion I myself is looking into. i can take constructive criticism as well. i think its important in know everything b4 giving a valid opinion on things.. Thanks any question I am very open to answer…
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I could be flip and say run as fast as you can away from the jws but my real and honest advice to you would be to please research outside sources about the history of the Watchtower Society. All is not what it seems when it comes the jws and the society. It's not too late for you since you're not baptised yet.

Research

Josie

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Will paragraphs save us all?

Just kidding.

I wish you the best with your complicated situation.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Will paragraphs save us all?

It would save my eyes.

~looking for my damn glasses~

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi, don't join the religion in the hopes that he will come back to you. Even if he did, it would likely be a disaster. You need to fully understand everything you are getting into. Read some of the "best of" articles here on WT scandals, wacked out teachings, etc.

The blood issue is something you need to understand. Are you willing to let your child or husband DIE before they receive a blood transfusion? Do you know that if you join and leave later that you will be cut off from every JW you ever meet? Your in-laws would despise you on principle, your husband would pull away, and if your children were in it, they too would be cold to you-until they moved out, at which time they would likely cut you off like everyone else in the JWs. Your husband would not get a free pass to leave you, but he might just find an excuse and the cong. would not discourage it very heartily-if at all. You will be trapped in a religion to keep your marriage and family. Is that the way you wish to live?

I really encourage you to fully examine all the issues of the organization. Conversions made for love are not the ingredient to make a happy marriage.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome Allison! I need paragraphs, please.

changeling

• orbison11
    orbison11

my four children do not talk to me because i do not want to be one of jehovah's witnesses anymore

sad, but that is just the beginning of the perils of being one of them

orb

• choosing life
    choosing life

Hey, didn't you post this exact story a while back? Or am I losing it? I don't think you will get different answers the second time around. You need to move on as your boyfriend has already.

Just run away from the Witnessers because they will only suck the very life out of you. Once again, RUN!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Click on this link and re-read your thread and the responses you were given already. Nothing has changed!

nj

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/140172/1.ashx

• Mum
    Mum

Louise, sweetheart, are you expecting us to tell you what you want to hear this time? Are you so hung up on this guy that you are getting pathological?

As most of us told you, RUN and don't look back. It's the only way. I'm sorry you don't want to. I know it hurts. But it will hurt much more if you attach yourself to this control freak guy and then have children and ruin their lives as well.

It's worth it to go through the pain of emotional withdrawal. Please just do it.

Wishing you the best,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit