Attention Atheists - Your chance to be polled on Larry King Live

by Madame Quixote 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Please, go vote for atheism at:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/

As I type, the atheists are at 49% and the xians are at 34%!

Not a scientific poll, but fun to be a part! Share with your atheist friends, please!

• changeling
    changeling

Thanks!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Which religion do you associate with?

Christianity29%1743
    Judaism4%254
    Islam1%75
    Buddhism1%44
    Hinduism0%24
    Jehovah?s Witnesses1%46
    Atheism53%3126
    Agnostic3%161
    I am spiritual, but of no religion6%351
    Mine's not listed2%104
    Total Votes: 5928

This is not a scientific poll

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Clickable link http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/

I can't be the only non-believer who feels uncomfortable replying to the question 'Which religion do you associate with?' by answering 'Atheism'.

• freetosee
    freetosee

hm, how come they put jws on the list? is it because jws are not Christians?

• Gopher
    Gopher

JW's are not Christians here, so they must be Jehovians. or something.

I enjoy that they're listed separately from Christians, and close by us atheists !!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I can't be the only non-believer who feels uncomfortable replying to the question 'Which religion do you associate with?' by answering 'Atheism'.

No, Nic, but that shows you who actually wrote and posted the question to the website, as opposed to ensuring the wording is done accurate for all.

LOL Gopher

Madame, Thanks! Is he discussing religion tonight? I couldn't tell. I am a CNN junkie. It's all about religion this week, it seems.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I can't be the only non-believer who feels uncomfortable replying to the question 'Which religion do you associate with?' by answering 'Atheism'. - Nicolau
    No, you're not the only one. Others at Rational Response Squad have also mentioned it:
    http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/freethinking_anonymous/9562?
    page=0#comment-102131

P.S. sorry about the link issues. This site is unfriendly to Firefox, and for some reason, my aol browser is very unfriendly to jwd, so I can't access the usually available buttons (for creating quotes and links); also, IE conflicts with the other browsers.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes, they probably should have phrased the question with "belief system" rather than religion. Maybe that would have worked.

But it's better to be listed than to be left out. Apparently a lot of atheists agree, based on these early results (which I wish were really reflective of the American public.)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

by the time I voted, it was christians 15% and atheists 71%.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit