I hugged my dad tonight...

by memario 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• memario
    memario
    This is one of the most beautiful posts I have read here. Thanks for sharing such a special moment with us. We are all smiling as we read this....well at least I am !!

still_in74 - Thanks man, you brought a tear to my eye, and a smile on my face.

mem

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good job, memario.

Takes a real man to do what you did.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I hug my kids everyday sometimes twice and they hug me back, sometimes they are funky, sweaty and stinky and I don't really want a hug, but they do it anyway, YUK! Boys!

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Sometimes all it takes is for one person to show those feelings and the other will come around! Good job memario!

nj

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

very sweet

thanks for sharing

purps

• changeling
    changeling

Good for you!

I know just how you feel. A few years ago (I was around 40, my mom mid 70's), my mom said: "I'm proud of you". My head whipped around and I looked straight at her and said she had never said that to me before. She said: "I know".

Well, this was right after a Watchtower study in which it mentioned how when Jesus was baptized and the voice was heard from heaven saying: "This is my son the beloved, whom I have approved", Jehovah was telling Jesus he was proud of him. It went on to say that parents should do the same.

While it was touching that my mom got the point, it also made that fact the it took around 40 years to say the words stand out even more. It also makes me chaffe because it shows how much my mom is influenced by the WT. Where her feelings real, or was she following orders????

changeling

• memario
    memario
    Where her feelings real, or was she following orders????

changeling - Good question???? I know in my HEART, this is what I'm suppose to do, TO FEEL AGAIN!! And it feels great!

As for your mom, will time tell if it is genuine? Who knows. I hope so. We need to hear that approval from the ones that matter the most, our parents.

Thanks.

mem

• choosing life
    choosing life

memario,

Did he stiffen up? I had to train my parents to hug. They were stiff for quite a while. Now it's only the occasssional stiffness. They still never initiate a hug, but I can tell they like one.

Keep working on them and it will deepen and soften your relationship with them. Everyone needs human contact and as people age, they tend to get less of it.

You're a good son. Best wishes! Choosing Life

• Sassy
    Sassy

my family is not huggers.. neither side when I was growing up.. so I know how that is..

but you will see it will get more and more comfortable and really really nice.. its a great start!

• memario
    memario
    Did he stiffen up?

choosing life - Like a board with a little pat on the back. lol

I'll work on him.

thanks

mem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit