Is a admitted traitor a sinner or a hypocrite?

by Judas I. 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

Is betrayal a sin or hypocrisy?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source sin 1 alt / s?n / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ sin ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, sinned, sin·ning. –noun
    1.transgression of divine law: the sin of Adam.
    2.any act regarded as such a transgression, esp. a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle.
    3.any reprehensible or regrettable action, behavior, lapse, etc.; great fault or offense: It's a sin to waste time.
    –verb (used without object)
    4.to commit a sinful act.
    5.to offend against a principle, standard, etc.
    –verb (used with object)
    6.to commit or perform sinfully: He sinned his crimes without compunction.
    7.to bring, drive, etc., by sinning: He sinned his soul to perdition.
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source hy·poc·ri·sy alt / h?'p?kaltr?altsi / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ hi-pok-ruh-see ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -sies.
    1.a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
    2.a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
    3.an act or instance of hypocrisy.

[Origin: 1175–1225; ME ipocrisie < OF < LL hypocrisis < Gk hypókrisis play acting, equiv. to hypokr(nesthai) to play a part, explain (hypo- hypo- + krnein to distinguish, separate) + -sis -sis; h- (reintroduced in 16th century) < L and Gkalt]

I do not believe in sin so I will try to answer from what I suppose is your perspective.

Betrayal can be a sin. Hypocrisy is a sin. Betrayal can be committed in a non-hypocritical or in a hypocritical way.

You are being so broad that it is very hard to get a handle on what you are asking.

Apologies if I mucked it up.

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

Why was public enemy number one Paul placed as leader over the early Christians?

Was Paul a sinner or a hypocrite?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Was Paul a sinner or a hypocrite?

Ok you arent listening to me so im shutting the hell up

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

I am listening...

I am just confused. If hypocrisy is a sin, and hypocrites sinners...then why did Jesus condemn them?

I thought He came to save sinners?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im sorry. You seem to be jumping topics on me.

I'll start at the beginning.

Betrayal/being a traitor is not necessarily wrong. I am a traitor to the WTS. I dont feel that is wrong, do you? Betrayal can be wrong, but not necessarlily. OK?

Hypcrisy is normally considered destructive behavior. Hypcrisy means hiding what you are to make yourself look better than you are. OK?

Betrayal can occur hypocritically or non-hypocritically. OK?

Condemning the hypocrite is prolly the one cool thing I can say about Jesus. He called a spade a spade.

Im not commenting on Paul as it is all a fairytale

Now consider this. We are not born sinners. You are not, I know Im not. We are just human. We are what we are. Take a leap off and try to look at things without your bible glasses on. Christianity would have you to believe you are a worm without Jesus. bollocks. This is a control tactic used by most major religions. You dont need religion or Jesus. You are not a born sinner. You are just you. Might you do things that are counter-productive at times? Yep. might you do things that are down right destructive sometimes? Yep.

But the bottom line is you dont need no Jesus to magically save you. You just need you to stop viewing yourself as a born sinner and try to make less destructive decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit