Is a admitted traitor a sinner or a hypocrite?

by Judas I. 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

I was just wondering...if I admit I am a traitor, and would like to take steps to rectify my mistake...does that make me a sinner or a hypocrite??

Doesn't a hypocrite hide theirs so they can punish and condemn others for their sins?

If I admit to being the worst sinner on earth...can I ever be considered a hypocrite? Could I ever judge or condemn anyone else?

How exactly does hypocrisy work? Which is worse in Jesus's eyes? Hypocrisy or sin?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I was just wondering...if I admit I am a traitor, and would like to take steps to rectify my mistake...does that make me a sinner or a hypocrite??

It makes you a traitor, sinner and a hypocrite.

Doesn't a hypocrite hide theirs so they can punish and condemn others for their sins?

??

If I admit to being the worst sinner on earth...can I ever be considered a hypocrite? Yes

Could I ever judge or condemn anyone else? Yes, not that you should.

How exactly does hypocrisy work? Do as I say not as I do.

Which is worse in Jesus's eyes? Hypocrisy or sin? Hypocrisy

Jesus was very forgiving to the sinners not so forgiving to the hypocritical Pharisees.

• knock knock
    knock knock

How does hypocrisy work? Why, it has panned out pretty well for the WT so far. That may change though.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

lol

If I admit to being the worst sinner on earth...can I ever be considered a hypocrite?

no but mock humility can.

• eclipse
    eclipse

A Hypocrite is someone who points their finger and condemns someone else or people,

or blames someone else or others for a sin or crime(s) that they themselves are guilty of.

If you are taking steps to rectify a sin, that does not make you a hypocrite.

It is only when you condemn someone else or judge them for making the same mistake(s) you have made.

This is all according to my knowledge of bible law, not my own personal opinion,

edited to add: good catch IP_SEC

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

Hey moo..

How does it make me a hypocrite? You say it does...but give no basis or reason for that assertion..

Care to explain?

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

IP Sec......

Are you accusing me of having mock humilty?

• eclipse
    eclipse

Judas, I cannot speak for IP_SEC, but your post can be read with a tone of mock humility,

I did not read your post in that way, so I did not catch on to what IP_SEC said at first, then I re-read your post and saw what he meant.

Not saying that is what you were intending...but since we cannot hear the inflection of your words, they are taken in the way that the reader reads the words in their minds.

Do not let yourself get too offended. Misunderstandings happen all the time on discussion boards.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Are you accusing me of having mock humilty?

I didnt accuse anyone of anything. You asked a question that started with the word 'if'. My response took 'if' into consideration. Yes 'if' you said that, I would accuse you of mock humility.

I do not understand the christian preoccupation with self-deprecation. I find it disturbing, and pretentious.

Do not protesteth too much.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so is this a hypothetical situation or have you actually betrayed someone? What's the deal? It doesn't help to try to understand what you want to know when you don't give enough information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit