JWs ATTACKED by PIT BULLS while Out in Service - Orlando News

by abbagail 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• abbagail
    abbagail

I saw this story on the Orlando/Central Florida TV News over the weekend, and further below is their very brief, and barely-informational print article.

The print article does not mention JWs, but the TV NEWS loudly and clearly said SEVERAL times "JEHOVAH's WITNESSES GOING DOOR TO DOOR" were attacked by the pit bulls. It was two "sisters." One of them, a nice looking middle-aged African American "sister" was the one they interviewed (they did not show the second woman). The "interviewee" had used her purse (or bookbag?) AND her umbrella to battle with the dog(s). (I wondered why she had an umbrella with her out in service that day as there was no rain Saturday. Maybe she always takes it for DOGS).

The News showed her chewed-up and mangled umbrella in the "news commercials" leading up to the story, and in the news story itself they showed her umbrella and her purse on TV. She had said they were just walking along when they saw the dogs come running at them so she immediately protected herself with her bag and stuck out her umbrella to fight off the dogs.

The News ALSO SHOWED a "quick shot" of the "FOLLOW THE CHRIST" flier they evidently were passing out that day, with that short-haired, very-American-looking "Jesus" on the cover. (Hello, why don't they make Him look Jewish like He was in the flesh?)

A neighbor had come out of her house when she heard the commotion with the dogs, and another neighbor called 911, but about that same time a truck came by and told the ladies to hop in to escape the dogs, which they did. Fortunately, they were not hurt, but only rattled. The sister was perturbed (and who can blame her?) She said If it had been children, they would not have stood a chance against those dogs.

Then the news reporter went to the home of the owner, some young obnoxius PUNK who could have CARED LESS about his stupid dogs running loose in the neighborhood. He kept waving his arm for them to "get that camera out of here." The police were unable to ticket the dog-owner because they didn't actually SEE the one dog run back to its owner's house. What a load of baloney. Fortunately, they SHOT the other one. (Is this "UNLEASHED-Dog Discrimination"? -- If so, who cares. Not everyone is a dog-lover. Owners of all unleashed-in-public-dogs should be shot as well).

/ag

------------------------------

Pit Bulls Attack Women, Police

http://www.wesh.com/news/13922960/detail.html?subid=10100244

POSTED: 2:39 pm EDT August 18, 2007
    UPDATED: 2:49 pm EDT August 18, 2007

ST. CLOUD, Fla. -- Two women were attacked by pit bulls in St. Cloud Saturday.

According to police, two women were being attacked by two pit bulls on Columbia Avenue, WESH 2 News reported.
    One of the women, police said, hit the dogs with an umbrella to stop them from biting. A person driving by stopped and let the women in the car to keep them from being hurt.

The dogs, police said, also chased another resident into her house.

When police located the dogs, the pit bulls attacked the officers and police said they shot and killed one of the dogs.

------------------------

• abbagail
    abbagail

I forgot to mention that while on that TV News page I noticed e-Watchman has an AD in the lower right-hand corner of the page:

http://www.wesh.com/news/13922960/detail.html?subid=10100244

[...]
    ADVERTISEMENT
    Gifts for Grandchildren
    Private Air Charters
    Impressora de codigo de barras
    Orlando Private Investigator
    Jehovah's Witnesses news, blogs <=== <=== <===
    Orlando Florida Community Info
    [...]

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

poor things

in this spirit directed work, i wonder how the angels could have let this happen

purps

• brinjen
    brinjen

Although I don't doubt for a second there isn't at least the odd elder crowing about how they were protected by the angels. The umbrella, the truck stopping just in time....

I agree, dog owners like that one who don't keep their dogs enclosed just shouldn't be allowed to keep them. Not only are their animals dangerous when they get out but they are usually the reason tougher restrictions are imposed, which usually wind up making life more difficult for the responsible owners.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    She said If it had been children, they would not have stood a chance against those dogs.

wow! ya thank g'd nothing happened. That could have been very bad.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Congregation says county denying religious rights
    Naples Daily News, FL - Aug 13, 2007
    By Tracy X. Miguel A Jehovah’s Witness congregation wants to expand in Golden Gate Estates Naples Florida Kingdom Hall but has been rejected, claiming it’s being denied religious ...

Scroll down and read the dog comment

• DannyHaszard
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...used her purse (or bookbag?) AND her umbrella to battle with the dog(s). (I wondered why she had an umbrella with her out in service that day as there was no rain Saturday."

Well, you said they were middle-aged... I've known ladies like this to take an umbrella to shield them from the sun. It can get mighty hot out there.

I'm not sure why the owner couldn't be cited... I mean... when the police arrived, the dogs evidently attacked them too.

*Police conversation*
    "Gee Fred... didja see where that dog ran off to?"
    "No Bill... but I shot this one."
    "Well Fred... I wonder who owns them?"

Like... DUH!!!

Regards,

Jim TX

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Umbrella's are used also to shield the sun. Back in Puerto Rico a lot of people carry their umbrellas everywhere even when not raining due to the sun. Anyways why is that an issue? So what that she was carrying and umbrella? The main topic is the dog attack. Why bring something else to make it seem like they are weird in some way? Its like you're saying, even though they got attacked by the pitbull, she had an umbrella therefore it enticed the dog. Reading the story more carefully, you'll also see that the dog attacked the police officer. Of course that won't happen because most here are so bent and bitter in trying to turn every story into a vendetta. Like the first article Randy posted. What does that have to do with the original story of the pitbull attacking someone?

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Thank goodness ,I thought dogs only ever attacked me - bull terrier grabbed me by the hand at a gate once and in rural work an alsation mauled me up a long driveway.

Just shows they know when someone is bringing bad news to their home!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit