Would you wear a cross as a piece of jewelry?

by pratt1 25 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
  • Satanus
    Satanus

I'm not a jewelry wearing person. But, if i was, i would. I think crosses are cool. There are quite a few different styles to chose from.

S

• pratt1
    pratt1

Oops. I pushed the enter button before I wrote my text.

Everytime I think that I have overcame all of my hangups I learned as a dub, I find out that I still have a few lurking around.

Now I have no problem with stars, the sun , the American Flag or the other things we were told to stay away from.

But I can't wear a cross as a piece of jewelry, or buy it as a gift for someone else.

Does anyone else feel this way?

• noni1974
    noni1974

I wear mine all the time.It pisses my Mom off.I'm not a christan either.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Nope, I don't have any JW hang-ups; if I like it I wear it; if I can afford it I buy it. If it's fun or something I want to do or say, I do it.

nj

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have done so for a long time, the cross is the symbol of Christianity and reminds us of how salvation for mankind was achieved it symbolises the crashing of the powers of Satan and death. If the JWs want to view it as a pagan symbol that's their problem, Christians don't view it that way.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

You made me wonder how UK JW's feel at about what they'll be seeing everywhere at the moment - the top fashion accessory to be wearing (yes - wearing!) is Rosary Beads!!

I know the RC population aren't too happy about it ...

I don't wear crosses myself - I wear a triquetra (?sp) instead.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

How Tall of a cross?

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't. I don't care about the alleged "pagan origins", no doubt other cultures used crosses for various meanings. However, in Western culture, wearing a cross implies that the wearer buys into the whole "original sin/ransom sacrifice" idea, and I don't. I don't view myself, or anyone else, as products of a "fallen race" of humans. I have no inborn sin because of something my ancestors did. No one died for my sins, because no one needed to. The only "sin" possible is when you use your free will to bring harm to someone else.

• Blindbutnowisee
    Blindbutnowisee

I as soon as I made up my mind that the "Truth" was not for me, I went to the mall and bought a pretty gold cross.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit