Judah Schroeder and the Helsinki Kommission!

by Kent 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Kent:

If I can squeeze in between you and OH for a sec.

144 is correct. Schroeder was only participating in this hearing. The WTS is not a member of HC/OSCE/CSCE.

• anewperson
    anewperson

They jump when they hear Judah Schroeder's name.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ooo!!oooh! Just had a thought; you don't think the WTS uses "Judah Ben Shroeder" in certain capacities because of the way "Judah Ben Shroeder" sounds, and the image it conjurs up, do you? Nah, they wouldn't do that!

Am I nuts for even suggesting this?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Six,
    lol

Ooo!!oooh! Just had a thought; you don't think the WTS uses "Judah Ben Shroeder" in certain capacities because of the way "Judah Ben Shroeder" sounds, and the image it conjurs up, do you? Nah, they wouldn't do that!

Judah Ben Schroeder, as in Abu Ben Adam; mmmm...it does have a certain ring.

"Judah Ben Schroeder - may your tribe increase..."

No, Six, he was just named by people thinking he would soon be using this name in the 'New System' and that it would get him a more authoritative job. In all fairness, he actually performs quite well as a PR messenger.

Best regards - HS

• sf
    sf

"Ever heard about Rockefeller..."

Ever looked at my profile picture?

Hail the great Rock! bwahhhhhhhh

sKally

• anewperson
    anewperson

Judah Schroeder was at the time international affairs representative for the Watchtower Society and since, as we all know now, the WTS was secretly a Non-Government Organization of the United Nations, that is an associate of that political body, he was readily invited to speak at the human rights forum. That’s one of the “perks” of being an NGO of the UN. It gives the NGO’s special entrée to such groups. In another thread it’s being discussed about WTS missionaries getting to fly aboard UN mission airplanes due to holding a special UN pass. The German website run by Stephan Wolf has noted Henschel traveled with a special UN pass. These aren’t money in and of themselves but perks that are of definite monetary value. Here’s a question for everyone. Now that the WTS has just been forced to drop its NGO membership, does it also have to surrender its special UN passes? Those things are worth lots of money insofar as air tickets go. Fact is maybe I better pose this question in a new thread, not just here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit