Judah Schroeder and the Helsinki Kommission!

by Kent 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

Pressrelease from Bellona USA
    Congressional Briefing
    Helsinki Commission Joins Russian Parliamentarian in Human Rights, Nikitin Debate

March 22 – Members of the U.S. House of Representatives" Helsinki Commission will join Russian Duma Member Aleksandr Shishlov at a briefing on human rights, democratization and civil society. The meeting is open for press, congressional staff and the general public.

Shishlov represents St. Petersburg in the Russian Duma. He is a member of the pro-democracy, reformist Yabloko Party and a colleague of slain democracy activist Galina Starovoitova. Shishlov assisted at the trial of environmental activist Aleksandr Nikitin, who is charged with espionage for his contributions to the Bellona report /e/russia/nfl/ The Nikitin case has created international concern for both the state of civil society in Russia and global environmental dangers stemming from the Cold War nuclear legacy.

Shishlov will speak to the Nikitin case, the highly controversial religion laws, and human rights and democratization issues. The briefing will address U.S. policy towards Russia, especially in relation to the simultaneous meeting between U.S. Vice President Al Gore and Russian Prime Minister Yevgeniy Primakov.

Shishlov will be joined by members and staff of the Helsinki Commission, Micah Naftalin (Union of Councils for Soviet Jews) Stephen Mills (Sierra Club), Judah Schroeder (Jehovah"s Witnesses), Leonid Stonov (Moscow Bureau on Human Rights) and Thomas Jandl (Bellona USA).

WHERE & WHEN:
    Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2226,
    March 24, 1999, 2:00 p.m.

For more information, call Thomas Jandl, Executive Director, Bellona USA, at (202) 363-6810.

http://www.bellona.no/imaker?sub=1&id=8168

(Corrected the heading)

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

What's your problem with this? I think it's just GREAT, because I have been a member of Bellona and Greenpeace and SeaSheperd for years - and now finally others are following!

• Kent
    Kent

Why am I not surprised? SeaShepered is an environment terrorist organisation, convicted in courts all over the place for crimes, and they're owned and financed by Greenpeace - which is also a bunch of frauds. Maybe you remember the fake video about crulity in EU on animals? It showed up Greenpeace had PAYED THE PEOPLE IN THE VIDEO TO ABUSE THE ANIMALS TO MAKE EU LOOK BAD!

You're just the kind of person to be exoected to be isn such organizations. The Watchtower, the pedophile paradise, where murderers and serial killers are protected, where lying is the rule - and the other organizations doing more or less exactly the same.

What else is new?

The fact that YOU think it's great, only proves you don't understand shit. Why do you think the Watchtower itself is rather jumpy on this business? Because it's GREAT?

As usual, try to ebgage the brain before the keyboard.

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Kent

You wrote: "SeaShepered is an environment terrorist organisation"

Bellona carried out criminal activities some years ago in Finland. I would't join any of those three mentioned.

• Kent
    Kent

Well, I just sent a mail to Legal Dep and the addresses listed in another thread about this, asked why they were in this commission, and if there was some connection to the UN-NGO status :))

I bet they won't answer me. Carolyn Wah answered me a while back, as to why JWs were in "Childrens Welfare" organizations, but when I asked spesific questions, there was no more answers :))

All these organizations mentioned by OldHippie are involved in illigal actions. Bellona is probably the "best" of them, and they are not at all extreme - but they too have been involved in illigal actions - even thoug really minor stuff. Refusing to leave, and so on. Greenpeace and SeaShepered, on the other hand, are criminal organizations. If people knew who sponsored them, I guess many would wonder a whole lot.

Ever heard about Rockefeller and ICI?

Yakki Da

Kent

• why144000
    why144000

Judah Schroeder is not a member of the Helsinki Commission. If you look there is a comma between the helsinki commission and others who are involved. Having said that, it is highly questionable that any member of the Society should be involved with the 'world' in this way.

I am not supporting the society in this situation however I believe that making statements that representatives of the society are members of such organisations weakens the real arguments.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

So you are saying, that there are NO circumstances under which one should break the law, when we talk about environmental question? If certain factories are suspected of dumping dangerous wastes, toxic stuff etc., but deny the charges, then under NO circumstances should one enter the premises and try to find out what is the truth about it? The people pressing the "Love canal" or whatever it was called some years ago in the US/Canada border area should NO WAY do anything like that? We should all of us just patiently wait for the greedy old governments and industry lobbies to carry on their business as usual? If you are saying that, then you disappoint me. Just as you do when you all the time just HAVE to call me names in stead of just stating you disagree etc. Why this constant shouting?

• Kent
    Kent

Well, you feel YOU can decide WHAT laws to violate, if you don't like the law. And then anyone can violate the laws THEY don't like.

Would it be OK if I grabbed a sub-machine gun and visited the Watchtower HQ and shot dead any bastard I did see? After all, they are responsible of terrorism of their members, murder of thousands, harbouring terrorists who are terrorizing children, hiding morderers and serial killers - so according to your line of "reasoning" it would be OK if I just stepped inside and blew their heads off?

Why don't you move to Afghanistan!

Yakki Da

Kent

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

So all of us concerned about the environmental situation and suspecting factories of chemical waste dumping etc., and trying to do something about it at times, should move to Afghanistan and join Bin Laden, and are in fact terrorists?
    I have a strong sense that the possibilities for any meaningful conversation between the two of us have vanished, unless this is some sort of a sick joke.

• Kent
    Kent
    So all of us concerned about the environmental situation and suspecting factories of chemical waste dumping etc., and trying to do something about it at times, should move to Afghanistan and join Bin Laden, and are in fact terrorists?

I didn't say that, and I know many people concerned about environmental questions that doesn't feel they can violate any law they don't like at the moment.

I do not mean every law is perfect, Hippie - you know that. And, as everyone else, I violate laws myself. What I try to say is that this is really dangerous - especcially when put into system by organizations with mixed agendas!

If anyone can violate the laws, and it's ok, who shall decide what laws we can violate?

Is it OK to cause losses for millions of dollars for a shipping company by blocking a ship carrying cargo we don't like - when what they do is actually legal?

Is it OK to fly planes into buildings because we don't like the fact our own family or friends has been treated much the same way, and we honestly believe that is the only way to make the world listen?

And please, let's not make war over this. I know these two "can't be compared" - yet I do. Because what is or should be allowed, according to your thinking (and many politicans as well), is somewhere in the middle.

What I'm saying is that Anarchy can be dangerous! People might get killed. I do not support terrorist actions, neither by one group or the other. And environmental terrorists aren't any better. Being a Norwegian I'm sure you remember the "Environmentalists" who released lots of animals in Nissedal a few months back. Animals that doesn't belomg in the nature here - and they didn't like the fact they were trapped.

So, they did feel it was OK to let them loose in the wild. What about the people spraying red paint on ladies fur coats? I agree, the animals had been killed just to make these expensive coats - but is it OK to spray Mrs. Johnsons coat with paint just because you don't like the fur business?

IF that's OK, where should we draw the line, Hippie? I don't neccesarilly disagree with all you are saying - I just point to some damned real dangers with that line of thinking. And supporting some of the people you mentioned isn't much different from supporting Bin Laden. These people put other peoples lives at risc! They lie, cheat, do what ever to promote their "cause" - no matter if it's just, true or decent.

I just tell you to think a bit on the other side of the medal. I happen to have a high degree of respect for the work done by Bellona, as one example. Yes, they have done illigal stuff as well, refused to leave - and the Police had to carry them away. But they are no fanatics, and they normally do have solid scientific evidence to back up their statements - not only bulshit. So, I do respect them a whole lot - I even wrote a positive article on them a few years back - visited the HQ in Oslo.

So, it's not a "sick joke" - it's a warning against all forms of fanatism and fundamentalism. For the ones getting hurt, they really don't give a damn what's the reason. They worry because they are getting hurt. If it's Greenpeace or Bin Laden doesn't matter, really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit