The followup advice article on my site...How To Handle It When

by IsaacJS2 3 Replies latest jw friends

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

www.atheistgeeknews.com

"Advice For Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses: How To Handle It When They Try To Convert You"

It's the first article right at the top of the page for anyone that wants it. I'll probably tweak it a little more, but this one makes suggestions on what to (and not do) when they get all righteous and try to convert you back into their truth.

Later on, I'll have more suggested responses that might be of help as well.

IsaacJ

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

As always, excellent!! Many good suggestions.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

That was a good read, I enjoyed it. I really appreciated the part about making sure that your 'visitors' respect that they are on your turf. It reminded me of the visit by an elder's wife to Mrs. Eagle shortly after we moved back to Okra-cola. Mrs. Eagle was quite composed and pleasant with the visitor, but the the visit took place on the porch, not in our house. After the, "Hey how are you and welcome back." chit-chat the visitor started to play a guilt card over not returning to the cult. Mrs. Eagle promptly informed her that she was welcome to visit anytime and they could discuss any topic (they had been great friends and even pioneered together at one point) but she wasn't allowed to talk about religion or count time on her. The elders wife just turned and left without responding. For some strange reason she's never been back.

Eagle

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's good to know that I'm not the only one reading this stuff!

Your comments are appreciated.

IsaacJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit