Ever been completely embarrassed by the householder in field service?

by fedorE 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobld
    bobld

No,but I'am completely embarrassed by the WT/FDS/GB for selling such crap/lies to the householder.

Bob

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The weirdest? Montreal has homes called duplexes. The building has one apartment on each floor - most often two floors but sometimes 3. To reach the person on the upper floor you ring the bell outside and wait for the person to buzz you in. When you open the door there is a flight of stairs. Most often the person stays on the second floor and you are giving your sales pitch from the bottom,

We have duplexes too, but they're usually just two small homes stuck together...

I wish I could've met more crazy cat ladies in the territory. It would've made the day more interesting, at least!

• aniron
    aniron
    Every time I tried to use the presentations in the Kingdom Ministries or the Reasoning Book. For some reason, the responses I got in the real world were far different than what the Watchtower fantasy camp prepared me for.

Too true,

How many times have we watched those "demonstrations" at the KH. On how to present the months offer etc. Never did they deal with the negative attitude that we all knew we would face. No "householder" ever raises an objection, they all took literature as if they had been waiting for it.

Thats why when a householder raised a point, you were lost. You had been "programmed" to deal with no objections, when one was raised you short circuited.

I was 17 and living in Honolulu, my friend and I went to an apt door and this drop dead beauty opens the door stark naked and she stood there and listened to the whole dribble

I bet that was the longest presentation you ever did. Bet you took it real slow.

• fedorE
    fedorE

I just remembered so more..lol...

In NY we were looking to start an Italian congregation so we started out by asking ppl if they spoke Italian. This one house, I speak no word of a lie, when i walked up the stairs and knocked on the open door with the screen and asked if anyone spoke Italian ,there were 2 women lying on a "bed" together! I didnt know what to think or say i just repeated Do YOu speak ITalian? it hit me that they were doing something together -cause they were holding each other....but i was too stupid to "investigate", or ask more questions, and I just walked away after one of them got up on her knees and just stared at me.

Another time, i was at one door with a younger jw, and there were roofers working on this Italian guys roof. When i saw the homeowner, I said "HI HOW ARE YOU! (in italian), he smiled back and kept saying "oh hi hi , come on over, please, " I then said" can i walk on over your grass?" He said "Of course, For Sure, come on , come on over!" As we approached him, he stopped smiling a little at a time and as soon as i got to 2 ft away to shake his hand he RIPPED ME APART, RIPPED MY A NEW ASSHOLE. He started "Get the F**K off my property, I ll smash your face ..get the F**K out of here, and together with the roofers(all italian)..."Go get a job! Get a Job you lazy.*****)*&*_)!! ers!" So all could try to do was salvage some dignity so i said"what you dont like my service bag?"..But OMG was i dejected.

Lastly, when i was about 5 yrs old i remember my father went to door and started preaching to this much older lady in Italian. All i remember is she picked up the broom she used to sweep the steps and started whacking my father over the head with it until he left!!!!..We laughed about it after,but never ever acknowledged that we were unwelcome/uninvited/unwanted..ect..because, oh u know, "they ll change tomorrow" if they become sheeplike....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Sir Nose

We have duplexes too, but they're usually just two small homes stuck together...

We call those semi-detached. I know different cities call them different things.

You could always go looking for a cat lady

• justhuman
    justhuman

NEVER...I WAS KNOCKING THE DOOR VERY SOFTLY SO NO ONE WOULD HEAR AND OPEN THE DOOR!!!

• R.F.
    R.F.

I remember one time I was schooled very well by a pastor about Christianity after I knocked on his door. I was used to reasoning with just about anyone at the door but my agruments carried no weight in comparison to his. That was the first door of the day and I was ready to go home after that.

• wednesday
    wednesday

A man told me" if jws are the ones God wants in the new world , I'd rather die than live among them "(words to that affect)

I was stunned but thank him b/c he did open my eyes.

I was about 29 and working by myself when a man about 35-40- very attractive ,answered the door and asked me in .Ordinarily I would not have gone in but he seemed interested. ( in what I'm not sure now) He started to tell me about Rutherford and Russel and I just went blank. I really knew nothing. He said" You don't know about any of this, do you?" (more or less, not direct quote) I knew he had to be an apostate and I had been warned not to talk to them so I just started saying stupid things trying to back out the door,and he said' I've scared you haven't I? yes he sure had but he could have been the Texas chain saw guy for all I knew. I left as fast as I could, grateful he let me out the door. looking back I am not sure he could have said anything that would have opened my eyes.

but I sure have not forgot him either.

thank you Mr. apostate, whoever you were.

also recall the lady who chastised me for preaching the end of system things when that prophecy applied to the Jews. I had no snappy comeback and shuffled my way off the doorstep.

I've had a few naked guys answer the door too.

once I told a householder that I'd rather be washing my car. The sis I was with had to laugh. Most honest thing I ever said in field service.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

As pioneers Lenny & I spent many days out in service by ourselves. I can remember being by myself in street work, with my friend across the street, the middle of the city. I hadn't been out in street work in a long time. So I wasn't prepared to talk with those walking by, as two people came by I just told them, hello, without even having my magazines out. I did this for at least the first few going by before I got ready to say anything about why I was talking to people I didn't know in the city!

On one hot summer day, I remember knocking on a screen door, but no one answered. Then, on the sofa to the side, I saw a man & woman together, naked. They didn't get up so I acted like I couldn't see them. My friend didn't see them from her angle. She wanted to know why I wouldn't leave anything in the door. Then, I told her what I saw.

Lenny had a door once that the guy told him he was GOD! That was a big joke with all of us at lunch later. I think it freaked everyone out! Has anyone else met God?

Karen & Lenny in Bluemont

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit