Aging

by freeme 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I realize at some point we all come to a realization of our motality but I wonder sometimes if growing up as a witness didn't delay the realization process. It was like this life didn't have any value because the new system would replace everything.

I remember always being absorbed and overconcerned when this reality hit. For many years, having a morbid fear of death. I can't beleive, 22 years have past since my exile from the witnesses. Alot of tough realizations along the way and only lately, some healing. Time sure blasted by! I can't beleive I can still be effected by this religion. Half life is here for me. Lots missed, lots learned.

Aging scares me because its like a degeneration occuring when life has not yet beeen lived. I've also learned that things could be a hell of a lot worse and am greatful for what I have.

• golf2
    golf2

I'm sixty six, think like a thirty-five, and behave like eighteen. Enjoy your age, we have NO control over it.

Golf

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Five For Fighting - "100 years"

I'm 15 for a moment
    Caught in between 10 and 20
    And I'm just dreaming
    Counting the ways to where you are

I'm 22 for a moment
    She feels better than ever
    And we're on fire
    Making our way back from Mars

15 there's still time for you
    Time to buy and time to lose
    15, there's never a wish better than this
    When you only got 100 years to live

I'm 33 for a moment
    Still the man, but you see I'm a they
    A kid on the way
    A family on my mind

I'm 45 for a moment
    The sea is high
    And I'm heading into a crisis
    Chasing the years of my life

Time to buy, Time to lose yourself
    Within a morning star
    15 I'm all right with you
    15, there's never a wish better than this

Half time goes by
    Suddenly you’re wise
    Another blink of an eye
    67 is gone
    The sun is getting high
    We're moving on...

I'm 99 for a moment
    Dying for just another moment
    And I'm just dreaming
    Counting the ways to where you are

22 I feel her too
    33 you’re on your way
    Every day's a new day...

Time to buy and time to choose
    Hey 15, there's never a wish better than this

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hey, I just checked my drivers license and realize I'll be 62 next month! I was thinking more like 39 would be about right. But I have noticed for some time that when I have to get down on my hands and knees to look under the bed or fix something under the sink it takes me a hell of long time to get back up and I hear a lot of snap, crackle and pop.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Here's the secret:

If you went from 26 to 86 in a short space of time, it would be bad.

But, by the time you get to 46, 56, 66, etc., in the natural course of time, you're really kind of OK with it...you don't get it now, but when you get there, you will...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Time waits for no one. One day you look in the mirror and you see an old person.

I know my generation wasnt the greatest. The greatest generation will be the one that figures out how to stop the clock.

Scientist speak of preprogramed cell death. Cells replicate a certain number of times and then die. Anantomy books teach this. When they find the switch they will have the key to the garden of Eden. Or the fountain of youth. If they decide to share it with us. If they havent already found it and are keeping it for themselves.

That would be my bet. Someone already has the key. And we are not worthy. We are just here to energize and consume for our masters. Those someones are behind the scenes pulling the puppet strings of the presidents and media. They are modern day vampires never growing old and never comming out into the light of public recognition.

I would call them the Gods among us.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hey, Jag! Where can I get some of those 'srooms?

• watson
    watson

Man Gregor, you can tell how old YOU are......I think they're called "shrooms."

Just havin' fun.

• KW13
    KW13

I know exactly how you feel, especially when you come from believing you never die, suddenly the idea itself is terrifying and every now and then it comes to haunt you.

Time does go fast, things do happen quickly and too much changes but dont be stuck on this, make sure you don't sit on the sidelines of life and forget to be involved. Do as much as you can. I know people who've died but have been at peace because they've done all they want and feel its alright to let go.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Such are the facts of life, we will all grow old one day. Christians that truly believe see this body as a temporary outer cover that will be discarded at death so that the truly alive body can unfold. Even the JWs believe that there will be a resurrection one day but they are obsessed with the desire not to die at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit