Do You Think The Watchtower will Crack Down On Faders?

by choosing life 32 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have been wondering for a while if the new koolaid version of the watchtower will try to crack down on faders in some way. I read about the marking talk of Nvrgbk's brother and I wonder if this is a sign of things to come. I know the elders do not like to have loose ends out there that they can neither control or influence.

What do you think? Will they crack down on faders and if so, how?

• changeling
    changeling

I was wondering the same thing. I hope nvr's brother's experience is an isolated one, but who knows?

I do think it will backfire on them though. Those who want to leave will just bite the bullet sooner or they will become very weak publishers and bring the Society's averages down even more.

changeling

• greendawn
    greendawn

This was discussed a few years ago taht there were signs the WTS was going to start DFing the long time faded who do not show any desire to become active (as they see spiritually active) again but it didn't happen.

I think they will keep things in the current way: do not bother the faded as long as they do not bother us take action only if they begin to undermine the FDS and the org.

• delilah
    delilah
    I know the elders do not like to have loose ends out there that they can neither control or influence

I'm a fader, successfully for over 9 years now. I just walked away. Right out that kingdom hall door, and never looked back. What, can they do to me? Or anyone else, who has just had enough, and walked away?! We've done nothing wrong.

I really don't think there is anything they can do to "crack down" on us. Unless they have spies watching our every move, and "catch" someone celebrating holidays or something of the sort, maybe. I know they had spies in my old congregation....I was their "subject" for a time, once...lol, boring old me....crazy old coots!!!!

I know they don't like "loose ends". But, if someone who has faded is not "ruffling any feathers", as far as still calling themselves a JW while carrying on in a fashion directly against their beliefs,, demonstrating against, or picketing at the local KH, I think they pretty much leave you alone.

Then again, I've heard stories.......and it may depend on how vindictive your local body of elders want to be.

I dunno..................nor, do I care anymore.

Greendawn......I didn't know that becoming inactive, was grounds for Dfing??? Sounds silly to me...but they change the rules as they see fit anyhow.

• zack
    zack

Frankly, what THE HELL can they really do to you? Arrest you? Take your property? Write you out of their will? If they want to DF, DA me, my attitutde is:

Go ahead....make my day. And when they do, I will be the burr in their saddle they wished they never had. They fear us, don't you get it? They are the ones afraid. The local elders can be sued by people like me ad infinitum. I'd sue them in every county I could, knowing I'd draw a judge sooner or later who would let a lawsuit continue. The Corporation may be nameless, but the peons that enforce the WTS rules.... they are left in the cold by the Mother Org. when things get too heated.

God, these guys are evil.

• choosing life
    choosing life

delilah,

I guess we have a very proactive couple of elders here where I used to attend. They like to spy on people and relish the thought of catching them in something that is totally private. More like private detectives, I guess. The only way I can see that I could live my life as I choose, holidays, etc., would be to move away. But my family is here and I don't choose to do that.

I think the jw only issue is for more than financial reasons, though. I think a crackdown is coming.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It may depend also on if a person held a "position of responsibility" how prominent they were in the area and any reported wrong doing within a shorter period of time of their fading.

abr

• zack
    zack

There are now numeroud anti-stalking laws, trespassing laws, defamation statutes that one can use against "pro-active" elders. What we need are more and more lawsuits against LOCAL elders. Let them face a summons time and again and they will get tired and resign.

And, no, I do not think a "crackdown" is coming.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Not per se. But here is a scenario that gets played out all the time:

Someone close to a fader - relative, friend, spouse - wants some sort of revenge/punishment - and they bug the elders to stick their noses into the fader's business, until they finally find something or the fader gets exasperated with the harrassment and blows it.

Another scenario, same as above, only the motivation on the part of the relative/friend/spouse is to help 'bring the fader to his senses,' by having the elders stick their noses into.....etc., etc.

Sometimes it's just a matter of either who hates you enough or who loves you enough to stay on your ass.

BB - successful fader - unhated, unloved

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Simple - they just 'tweek' the DF rules to allow elders a free hand in excommunicating anyone who does not attend regularly. They explain it with some goofy scriptural misapplication, like they always do, give a six month time frame to any who are missing the meetings and FS, and then proceed to announce that they are 'no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses'. I think this has been in the works for a while now and will likely be done at some future point.

I think the title of the thread should be altered to add a prefix word;

When Do You Think The Watchtower Will Crack Down On Faders?

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit